SAU Community

Just Had My R33 Tuned,but Now Its Misfiring Quite Bad ( Yellow Jacket Coil Packs)

I told him about accc and strongly insisted on a refund and all he replied was, I can only offer an exchange under warranty. This complied with consumer law in Australia.

So I guess I'm stuck. Maybe I'll just get a new set of 6 and try sell them and buy splitfires. Such a stuff around. Guys a jerk

So 6 new ones? Cos way too hard to find problem Coil.
  • Like 1

I think I'll just get accc involved. It's such a waste of time getting a new set if they're weak pieces of shit anyway that can't even handle 18psi. No spark blow out at high boost my arse that's false advertisement. So much for satisfaction guaranteed. More like hassle and wasting time and money guaranteed, he can stick the set of coils up his arse

Just let PayPal deal with it mate. In fact all of your communication with the seller so far should have been through PayPal.

If after mediating through PayPal, he still only wants to send a replacement set, swap them over and if that set also misfires I'm sure PayPal will demand a refund as they're clearly not performing as advertised.

An Ombudsman/ACCC reference number can make a big difference to their attitude. I was having some issues and got to this point, the moment i gave him a case number I got everything i wanted. The beauty was they still get investigated by ACCC =)

You do need to make reasonable effort to find a solution, so i would suggest trying to identify the faulty ones (likely all 6!) and let him replace them all, then when they are still faulty you have full right to demand refund. The law state they can offer 'Repair, Replacement or Refund' but you don't get to chose which, they do. So you do need to go through the long painful process.

Phone the Ombudsman/ACCC and have a chat, they will advise what you should do.

I've made a complaint with accc and also maybe a dispute on PayPal and on the end of the comments I copied and pasted the accc complaint number lol.i bet this jerk will get away with it. I bet all the perfect please saying yellow jackets are good are running closer to stock boost. They'll be nice for a rude awakening when they want more power and notice they also gained alot of misfire with they upped boost lol

Spoke about this with my lawyer partner, and her response was there is only a legal footing if the product doesnt do what it specifically says it will do, because the advertisement is very vague and non-specific the product, doesnt have to do very much more than the stock part, with the engine operating at factory specs.

So probably no accc case, as it would be buyer beware unless the seller gave the advice that the product would perform to your specific requirements.

Sell them and get a more reputable part, perhaps dont waste your time... Seller sounds aware of theyre position

I find they're ok on the dyno whilst I'm tuning, great for street use.. as soon as I hit the track and do a few laps.. bamm misfire city!

But at 0.5mm it's tits.. no misfires at all!!!

yup, ditch the yellow junkets and fit a set of BCPR7eix gapped to 0.55mm and there will be no missfires.

• Like 1

the guy has a ACCC case pending if someone is keen... the website and packaging claim power and economy increases that are just not there... with no disclaimers.

even increased combustion... its clearly stated it offers these increases yet doesn't deliver... 100% has to refund.

post-34927-0-01279300-1452579514_thumb.jpg