SAU Community

Mallala Practice Days

Roy

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL...if they are issues, then certainly get them sorted before blasting around the circuit, if its because they are std...thendont worry, std is fine...just get out there and give it a blast.

Any chance of a Fri or Sat night dinner to catch up with SAU-SA folk

LOL...if they are issues, then certainly get them sorted before blasting around the circuit, if its because they are std...thendont worry, std is fine...just get out there and give it a blast.

just gotta replace tie rod ends, lock hicas, replace rear cradle bushes, get rear camber kit, then it'll be all ready to go :D

Any chance of a Fri or Sat night dinner to catch up with SAU-SA folk

im sure we can organise something :( the last cruise we had, the idea of a track day was mentioned and there was a lot of interest. anyone else keen on the track day?

Edited by Sambo33

Is it best to sort accom near the track or in Adelaide, as the soone ri boot accomn around Nth Adelaide the cheaper we get it. I guess its a 2-3 hr drive to the track, may leave mega early Sat morning and go straight to the track, that way Sat night will be cheap as well because two beers and i will be out cold

Edited by Roy

At the minute a token Skyline is driving over from vic to do a Practice day at Mallala.

Its basically an open day at the circuit for ppl to drive their cars.

From their website ...

Cars and bikes Practice Days - start time 10.30 a.m. - gates open at 10 a.m.

- 15 minute sessions are run for each category with 5 sessions per day

- Motorcycles – fast

- Motorcycles – slow

- Closed cars

- Open cars

The day finishes with the final session at 4 p.m. or 4.30 p.m. The cost per day is $70.00 for cars(these charges include GST)

Drivers of cars need a hemet, and clothing (not synthetic) that is full length leg and sleeve coverage.

This is different to Drift Practice Days, and at most tracks its kinda frowned upon going sideways everywhere smoking up your tyres when their are cars around you that are "race cars" looking to do setup work etc.

I have never been to one of the Mallala ones before, but they are a practice day for the full circuit and usually provide a great opportunity to get out and have some fun.

LOL...i aint driving all the way from Vic to watch other ppl have all the fun :(

Just need to sort out a drinkingparty for the Saturday night <_<

Its always fun driving on a new track...i cant wait !

Edited by Roy

Rowdy has had certain problems relating to every panel on his car beign bent, so that a pretty good reason...other then that who knows, ill lay the hard word on him :(

Edited by Roy

if your all not too scared of a little high speed drift, come down the Adelaide International Raceway on the 11th September opens at 10 (i think)

there using the d-nats layout so you hit the esses's in 4th gear so its pretty quick sliding

they are also opening up the back of the bowl so drifting onto the drag strip will be allowed..

gonna be an awsome day.. im already getting tyres sorted so if your all keen get crackin on tyres as AIR has a tendency to rip tyres to pieces in less than 2 laps

should be fun

Sam.

just gotta replace tie rod ends, lock hicas, replace rear cradle bushes, get rear camber kit, then it'll be all ready to go :(

im sure we can organise something :( the last cruise we had, the idea of a track day was mentioned and there was a lot of interest. anyone else keen on the track day?

i'd definitely be keen on a track day! As long as the cars on the road!

I wouldnt mind getting together with some sau-vic boys and having a get together/drink/eat session. keen?

Well at the moment it seems there is only me, and the possibility of the SAU-Vic Trackday cheer leader Bec. When i see them ill be working on the others too... and a session constitutes a good 12 hours on the drink :D

if your all not too scared of a little high speed drift, come down the Adelaide International Raceway on the 11th September   opens at 10 (i think)

Pass....there is a day at Winton that weekend...plus i think your mad to drift your daily driver, but daily drivers are fine for circuit work...well in my eyes anyway. :D

So Mallala is like Calder where they only open a few corners for drifting?

Edited by Roy