SAU Community

Mallala Practice Days

Roy

Id rather they send me somewhere warmer....damn its cold in melb i suppose SA aint much better this time of year? :Oops:  

Ain't much different from Sydney really in late August-Sept, same lattitude. Warmer than Melb for sure but it sure ain't Dunk Island either :P

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big difference from Sydney Lach! I recall many a minus 2 degree morning out in the west (Richmond/Penrith areas). It would warm up to about the same as (possibly more than) Adelaide though.

At least in Adelaide we don't get the freezing subzero mornings. I don't miss them one bit.

Big difference from Sydney Lach! I recall many a minus 2 degree morning out in the west (Richmond/Penrith areas).

LOL, i use to live in Richmond, didnt find it that cold, especially compared to Melb...keep telling myself "good turbo weather" :(

I may be up for a run, but am uncomfortable with how hot my oil got last time - plus the fact that Danh (9krpm) basically did his engine, and Johnny (JSpec) did his turbo.

I need an oil cooler, or more importantly the cash to buy and fit one :P .... I have quite a few little projects underway on my car atm, but not an oil cooler.

Also the tyre factor is concerning - I toasted an almost brand new $1,100 set of Dunop LM702s the last time - on one of the early runs they actually went molten and the rubber went off. They were completely shagged after that :P .... Now I have got a much more expensive set of Toyo Proxes T1-S that I don't want to kill.

I'll think about it.

Don't be weak Andy!!! You know that this is probably the only sport Matt and I can beat you and you are backing off!!!!

hehehehe J/K

I thought I had spun bearings from the engine noise but it turned out to be scored cylinder wall (i think it was no 2). I don't think Mallala was entirely reponsible. The s2k is equipped with a small factory oil cooler. My oil temp is comparable to other NA s2k on track.

My engine failed a week after Mallala but on the day it was pushed very hard and fast up hill......a lot worst than mallala :). My mechanic and tuner blamed the failure on faulty spark plug. I did further research and found that it's more than likely that the spark plug backed out of the head and result in failure. It sounds like a load of crap but it's a common problem in the s2k :(

Anyway lets not talk about bad karma.

You know that the temperature on the track last time was prob around 35-40C. The temp in sept will be better for boost :D and now that you have some semi-slick Matt and I don't want any excuse ok :)

Be nice to see that silver beast there next time mate

andrew, get a set of semi-slick on yr stock rim and lets go to have some fun!

i will join if my finance allow me for a set tyre and brake at the time.

Maxx, I think the the Toyo should be fine on track.

hey if you guys are keen for a group buy of bridgestone re55, I can organise some good price for ya. Just let me know :D

hey if you guys are keen for a group buy of bridgestone re55, I can organise some good price for ya.  Just let me know :)

YES!!!!! I will CERTAINLY be in that - not right away, but soon. Say in a about 4 weeks time.

Maxx, I think the the Toyo should be fine on track.

hey if you guys are keen for a group buy of bridgestone re55, I can organise some good price for ya.  Just let me know :)

but they are more expensive than the re55s in 16" and not grip as well as them.

maxx, don't give andy more excuses mate :jk:

hey I hope I can bring my car out, I am working real hard with my car atm

I hope that I will see 2 silver beasts there ok ;)

• 1 month later...

Well my visit has been cut short, so will only be in town between Sat 2nd Pctober and Sun 10th October.

Anyone doing the Saturday 9th Drift Competition G1 #2 ? If tis worthwhiel i'll drive over rather then fly!

Well my visit has been cut short, so will only be in town between Sat 2nd Pctober and Sun 10th October.

Anyone doing the Saturday 9th Drift Competition G1 #2 ?  If tis worthwhiel i'll drive over rather then fly!

I will be heading up for a look most probably, where abouts are you staying?

• 1 month later...

Well im back for a 7-10 days for work... what do we all think about either Saturday 6th November Practice Day or Friday 12th November 2004.

Sandown this weekend, then Mallala 2-3 weeks later, keep the car honest i say :wave:

errr Fri 12th Oct - do you have a time machine Troy? :D

You have to check the availability of Mallala - I think they only have 1 or 2 public practise days a month. You can't just go out there anytime (obviously). But I won't be in either way - I'm not doing Mallala again until I get an oil cooler.