SAU Community

Nswrrc 6 Hour Relay Team - 28 March

Grease

So this is where we made the mistake. We were very conservative with times. So when we declared the times we declared 2 to 3 seconds slower.

Problem is. Everytime you do quicker than your declared time - you don't get points / laps. If you do on declared time you get bonus points / laps. And if you are slower you get points / laps.

So the trick is to declare a time that you are comfortable doing when track is clear and quick. And then try and do that time or slower.

I didn't realise how hard it was to slow down 2 seconds instead of driving quicker. Every time too fast, we slow down, we lose 4 to 5 seconds, we pick up a bit of speed, we are 2 to 3 seconds quicker than declared time. Hence penalty. Lol

Was a good learning process. Will definitely go back and do it next year. This time better prepared and with better understanding.

Well, in saying that I had an STi sandbag me down the straight. I wasn't ctaching him, but he wasn't pulling away from me for a couple laps then all of a sudden I'm on his ass down main straight, overtake and stay in front then he catches up over the next lap or two.

I wouldn't be surprised if he had timing. I wish I saw the footage that day !!!

would have taken it up to race control lol

I bet $100 he had a timer in there

• Like 1

Well, in saying that I had an STi sandbag me down the straight. I wasn't ctaching him, but he wasn't pulling away from me for a couple laps then all of a sudden I'm on his ass down main straight, overtake and stay in front then he catches up over the next lap or two.

I wouldn't be surprised if he had timing. I wish I saw the footage that day !!!

would have taken it up to race control lol

I bet $100 he had a timer in there

Won't be surprised really. The way some of them drove. Like us. Trying to manage the timing by slowing down or speeding up. Even that was damn hard! How would they know exactly when to slow down so dramatically if they didn't know the time they are running that lap.

Even us we were timing ourselves with the pit board 1 lap behind. When we see the pit board - it was the lap before.

Next time we run this - we have intercom or we have Walkie talkies in the car - doesn't say we can't have that! Or does it? Lol

Won't be surprised really. The way some of them drove. Like us. Trying to manage the timing by slowing down or speeding up. Even that was damn hard! How would they know exactly when to slow down so dramatically if they didn't know the time they are running that lap.

Even us we were timing ourselves with the pit board 1 lap behind. When we see the pit board - it was the lap before.

Next time we run this - we have intercom or we have Walkie talkies in the car - doesn't say we can't have that! Or does it? Lol

bluetooth!

We were discussing this on the day. What if you had the lap timer on a dash logger like the haltech IQ?

How would they know?

emo is a good example.

Has a lap tinier built into the factory sat nav (have to press the lap button yourself).

How could they stop you using it?

The emo is no more (sold).

And honestly, I didn't think I'd be quick enough.

its a regularity, can be slow :D just need to be consistent.

• Like 1

its a regularity, can be slow :D just need to be consistent.

Problem is. It's easier to be quick and consistent. Than to be slow and consistent. So better declare a quicker time than a slow time. Lol

What we learned when we did this race years ago, your better off getting your best time when practicing/qualifying and take .5-1 second off it, that way if you get a blinder of a lap you're still under

• Like 2

Yeah think we will roll with that next time.

Mistake I made was using Rs3's on practice and then A048's during the race. Not even pushing as hard I was consistently 2 seconds faster.

Big learning during this race and was so much fun being on the track with so many different cars. Cant wait for Phillip Island!!

• Like 1