SAU Community

Factory OEM for vq35hr are Iridium - Denso FXE22HR11. Got mine from Nissan, they were $34 each though. Maintenance schedule on these is 170,000km but I recommend replacing earlier.

Get yourself a copy of the 2007 g35 service manual - its listed in there.

The plugs you listed are 2 full steps hotter then OEM - Be careful.

I buy lots of things online, one I don't recommend is spark plugs. Received some once knocked up and in bad shape - had to send back.

Edited by Rufus007

you don't need to go to Nissan, you can buy the same NGK plug without the nissan packaging.

Just be careful of counterfeit NGKs online.

Went onto the NGK website and found compatible spark plugs for the 350Z VQ35HR (same engine) and they recommended DF7H-11B, repco also recommended the same ones

Found some other link which stated LFR5AIX-11.

Still unsure which ones to purchase

You should never gap iridium or platinum plugs, you will snap off the electrode.. the -11 at the end of the part number specifies a gap of 1.1mm..

seems NGK recommend a 7 heat rating for the HR engine and a 5 heat rating for the DE engine, so I think the LFR5AIX-11 is probably for the VQ35DE.

• 1 year later...

Bump for this thread.  We have a 3.5L 2007 v36 sedan skyline and looking for spark plugs

DE is regular and HR is direct injection (350z with VQ35HR)

Went to autobahn and there were two options NGK LFR5AIX-11 Irridium @ $25 each lasts 60k and Platinum PLFR5A-11 @ $33 each rated for 100k.  That last plug was to suit 03-07 Nissan 350Z.

Not sure which plug to go for ?

Cheaper one.

You will  probably sell the car before you need plugs again. That's what my crystal ball is telling me.

Otherwise the plug is the same gap and heat range . There is absolutely no way you would notice the difference.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, R377 said:

HR is not direct injected.

The direct injected engines end with a DD.  for example VQ30DD, VR30DDTT, MR16DDT, etc

Edited by sonicii
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Ben C34 said:

Cheaper one.

You will  probably sell the car before you need plugs again. That's what my crystal ball is telling me.

Otherwise the plug is the same gap and heat range . There is absolutely no way you would notice the difference.

thanks for the reply - so both are correct fitting options ? Either would work ?  thanks

• 1 month later...
On 4/7/2016 at 9:15 PM, Rufus007 said:

Factory OEM for vq35hr are Iridium - Denso FXE22HR11. Got mine from Nissan, they were $34 each though. Maintenance schedule on these is 170,000km but I recommend replacing earlier.

Confirmation from Fast....

5af03dd23b10d_sparkplugs.JPG.82d78bdf0cfef29384415f4be876fa9e.JPG

On 3/23/2018 at 8:46 PM, R377 said:

Bump for this thread.  We have a 3.5L 2007 v36 sedan skyline and looking for spark plugs

Went to autobahn and there were two options NGK LFR5AIX-11 Irridium @ $25 each lasts 60k and Platinum PLFR5A-11 @ $33 each rated for 100k.  That last plug was to suit 03-07 Nissan 350Z.

Not sure which plug to go for ?

The PL and I guess the LF are for the DE engine which hav different plugs to the HR.

If for the HR motor I would be heading towards the DF7H-11B,  myself.

• Like 1