SAU Community

Fuel Pressure Regulator Suggestions

Hello

Hello I have a rb20 det with 25 turbo, soon to get a bigger turbo.

With me going to bigger injectors, I was told that I will need a aftermarket fuel regulator.

Any brands better than the other?

I am upgrading to 440cc or 550cc injectors.

Is it best to get a aftermarket fuel rail or is the stock one fine?

I suggest you get a Plazmaman Fuel Rail and also a Turbosmart FPR3000 and then twin feed the rail. You'll need all the fuel you can get.

Whilst you're at it.. get an After Market Industries surge tank with twin Walbro 450L pumps.

Hey dude,

If you are not going to be helpful stay off the post.

Edited by yoshiii335

Hey dude,

If you are not going to be helpful stay off the post.

I am though? a good fuel setup is crucial for any performance car.. also future proofing your setup so when you do get the RB25DET NEO in with a GTX3576R you're all sweet.

#lookingafteryoubrother

Also I heard the search function at the top right hand side corner works well too.

• Like 1

Mike,

I found this for you

http://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/408500-will-i-need-an-aftermarket-fuel-pressure-regulator/

Most cases, the stock reg will be fine unless you run an aftermarket rail but with new developments Scott Fisher (Scotty's customs) has developed an adapter so you can get the stock reg on an aftermarket rail.

http://scottyscustoms.com.au/product/rb25-stock-fuel-regulator-adaptor/

I'm not sure if it will suit RB20 though

I myself ended up going Nismo reg because I thought the stock reg was shitting itself (turns out it wasn't). Tuner said stock reg would have probably been fine too.

Hope this helps

I am though? a good fuel setup is crucial for any performance car.. also future proofing your setup so when you do get the RB25DET NEO in with a GTX3576R you're all sweet.

#lookingafteryoubrother

Also I heard the search function at the top right hand side corner works well too.

I think a surge tank etc is a bit excessive to just go jumping to when short term goals are so small

Mike,

I found this for you

http://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/408500-will-i-need-an-aftermarket-fuel-pressure-regulator/

Most cases, the stock reg will be fine unless you run an aftermarket rail but with new developments Scott Fisher (Scotty's customs) has developed an adapter so you can get the stock reg on an aftermarket rail.

I myself ended up going Nismo reg because I thought the stock reg was shitting itself (turns out it wasn't). Tuner said stock reg would have probably been fine too.

Hope this helps

Thanks

I have been looking on the internet but not finding what I needed to know.

He's just playing with Yoshii, because he's sick of Yoshii asking questions that already have 5000 threads.

IF you don't like it, don't respond.

If I don't know anything or can't find answers I'll ask.

If you don't want to help say off of my posts.

Your stock fuel reg will be fine.

If you are so crap at searching I suggest you just spend a few hours reading the various subjects on this site - it could save you hundreds if not thousands of dollars.

Also if you are planning to get an RB25 (preferably Neo) engine I also suggest you don't spend any more money on your engine but just save up for the RB25.

• Like 1

Mike,

I found this for you

Hope this helps

Thanks

Good read.

Learned some new things.

So I will make sure to confirm everything with the tuner.

Car is old, want to make sure it has the additional support in place if needed before I go adding bigger injectors, turbos, etc and boosting up more.

Your stock fuel reg will be fine.

If you are so crap at searching I suggest you just spend a few hours reading the various subjects on this site - it could save you hundreds if not thousands of dollars.

Also if you are planning to get an RB25 (preferably Neo) engine I also suggest you don't spend any more money on your engine but just save up for the RB25.

Not going to get into a childish forum sprew with you.

You don't know what I found. I asked the questions I wanted to ask after searching.

I am learning to use what i have now.

Its not going to cost that much to get over 300hp in my car. I might get to 300 or 350, etc and not want to change engines or get higher hp.

Upgrading injectors, turbo(which is on its way out) and tuning for that is not going to break the bank.

Here in Japan, the cost that shops charge to change out engines is the same as getting a GTR. Ive already been through it with shops asking about prices. If I buy a 25 or Neo 25, or 26 I am not just going to put it into the car unless I know its good and runs. Otherwise its getting refreshed to make sure its not a piece of c.

If I do put a different engine in, it will be done with the help of people who know how to install the engine. That means finding people, wiring things up, finding a ecu, tuning etc. At this moment I know of no one who can do those things, mainly the wiring and other things with 25 into a 32.

At this point I will simply up my hp some with bigger injectors, bigger turbo, tuning, it is a much cheaper option right now.

Things are very expensive in Japan. Parts for rbs and engines have gone up in price due to the importation of many of the items (r32's) into the states legally now. Engines that are not a piece of c.

Once I drive at least 300hp with what i have, then I will decide on changing the engine or not while I am saving for the engine change.

If I come across a 25 or 26 for super good price and it runs, of course I will get it sooner than later.

25 is not the Be All of engines. I read how people like Roy other people are perfectly fine with their 20's. I haven't cracked over 280-90 hp yet. So I have no idea how it is to drive a car with that hp.

I have GTR injectors, if I am going to use them I will get them cleaned and flow tested, but they came out of my friend's gtr, they run but will do the cleaning and testing to be sure.

Have access to a gtr resister pack and I have the info I need to wiring it to the 20's loom, and a friend who can help who has done it before.

The injectors were free, so that saved me about 300 dollars for new ones.

Turbo I can have rebuilt and hi flowed for low price, or by turbo that is only rated for about 300-350 hp for a low price.

Have a gtr pump which is dying now, so have to change pumps anyway.

So when ready for a different engine and if I still want one, I will buy it.

/\ I didn't read all that but I remember the first time I drove a 20 I pushed the accelerator through the floor so hard there was calf pain, I hear you though with the price & availability of RBs getting worse for sure, just put a 25 turbo

/\ I didn't read all that but I remember the first time I drove a 20 I pushed the accelerator through the floor so hard there was calf pain, I hear you though with the price & availability of RBs getting worse for sure, just put a 25 turbo

Yes I know pushing that pedal down.

Edited by yoshiii335

Roy is just delusional

A Honda B18C motor with a turbo strapped to it makes more torque, power than a RB20DET... and I hate Hondas.

lol, yeah don't like Honda's so much either. The Fits aren't too bad for a daily driver.