SAU Community

Power Steering Cooler Necessary? R32 Gtr

GTR_JOEY

Hi lads,

When I pulled the engine on my car last time I thought it would be a sweet idea to remove all the hard piping that zig zags across the front of the car and acts as a cooler for the P/S fluid.

My reasoning at the time was I didn't need the lines anymore as they also supplied to HICAS system which is now removed.

My question is, are those lines only there for cooling on 32 GTRs because they have a hydraulic HICAS system that produces a lot of heat? and will my P/S system have stable temperatures without them.

Also now running an R33 GTR pump.

Thanks in advance

Joey

Great! Sounds nice and cheap too.

Where are you guys mounting it, i was thinking behind the front bar on the left side

Have you still got the aircond? I put mine in the LH guard.

Great! Sounds nice and cheap too.

Where are you guys mounting it, i was thinking behind the front bar on the left side

that's how I did mine :)

it's not even visible and doesn't get much airflow but with track work now zero mist or overflows where as in the past I would wet an entire rag.

Have you still got the aircond? I put mine in the LH guard.

I don't at the moment mate, but I do have all the parts and want to put it back in at some stage.

that's how I did mine :)

it's not even visible and doesn't get much airflow but with track work now zero mist or overflows where as in the past I would wet an entire rag.

Well that's the problem at the moment.. It bloody making a mess every