SAU Community

R34 GTT-R MIDNIGHT PURPLE

Model: 1998 Series I R34 GTT (manufactured 11/98)

Colour: R33 GTR Midnight Purple (LP2)

Mileage: 135,000km

All serious enquiries by PM or on: 0430 777 seven nine five

*SEE PICTURES BELOW*

The car was purchased back in 2010 by my dad as the first Australian owner (mature owner), and has been well looked after since then.  It was originally black with a genuine Garage Impul body kit before I purchased the car off him and completely changed the look of it. Since completion of the exterior work in May 2013 I’ve completed a mere 12,000kms in the last 3 years. The car has been very well looked after by me, and has been serviced 2-3 times per year even with the minimal driving. I have never tracked or drifted this car either, with most of the mileage being an easy cruise around town or the occasional highway drive.

I have a full service history for the car since ownership in my family, as well as receipts for bodywork of around $12,000 alone. It is a very well presented, tidy car, with stock performance and a therefore unmolested engine bay. All exterior work was carried out by J Racing here in Canberra, and the car has been regularly serviced by ESP in Queanbeyan and Trojan in Mitchell over the years.

The car has just had a full detail in preparation for sale.

ENGINE/DRIVELINE

• Stock standard rb25det neo – 135,000kms shown on stock cluster
  • Motul fluids always used
  • Bigger battery installed in July – Neuton
  • Gates Racing timing belt
  • Xtreme Heavy duty organic clutch kit
  • HKS hi-power silent exhaust
  • HKS pod filter
  • Nismo radiator cap
  • Splitfire coilpacks

Never boosted, never had any issues other than the slight misfire that is common due to the stock coilpacks which have been changed. I noticed a very slow intermittent coolant leak onto my front diffuser which I had checked out by Trojan, and I was told it’s due to there being a non-genuine water pump installed – though this has never caused an issue at all nor has the temperature ever risen. I haven’t spotted this leak for some time now.

EXTERIOR

• Genuine Garage Impul rear bar
  • Genuine Garage Impul sideskirts – front of skirts trimmed to fit flush with GTR guards
  • Genuine alloy GTR front guards – rolled to prevent scrubbing
  • Genuine Ganador aero mirrors
  • Bodyform CRUISE replica GTR front bar
  • Bodyform replica GTR front splitter
  • Seibon z-tune style GTR carbon fibre bonnet
  • Rear guards pumped and flared a massive 40mm either side, and rolled – to accommodate wider wheels
  • Boot lid spoiler removed, holes professionally welded shut, boot lock shaved
  • Nismo smoked indicators front and side
  • Black plastic ACT number plates
  • LED bright front parking lights
  • LED third brake light
  • Entire car professionally resprayed in R33 GTR Midnight Purple (LP2) minus the engine bay which is still black, but windows and panels were removed.

All exterior work meticulously carried out by J Racing in Fyshwick. I had a vision in mind, and we worked for months to tweak every aspect exactly as I wanted it to look.  The only changes I would make would be to lower the car permanently (which is impractical as can be seen in some of the photos when I lowered it) and the addition of a boot lip spoiler of some sort.

The carbon fibre bonnet has begun going cloudy from UV ray damage, but this is the only flaw to the exterior other than some very small stone chips and the odd scratch or two, but I’m fussy.

WHEELS & TIRES/BRAKES

• Varrstoen 1.1.1 in brushed alloy – 18x10.5 +15 all round
  • Federal 595 RSR 255/35/18
  • Hub centric ring locators to better position rims
  • Open ended steel lug nuts with extended key to avoid scratching the rims
  • Full set of rainbow coloured open ended lug nuts as spares
  • EBC slotted and dimpled disc rotor set with Bendix GCT pads

INTERIOR

• Factory power sunroof
  • RHS window regulator replaced
  • Rare Nismo driver’s seat – Not sure on the details of this, I’ve looked everywhere

• Nismo black aluminium shift knob
  • Blue LED interior and dash lighting
  • Ultra-bright interior LED light
  • Shift boot in black leather with dark purple stitching
  • Handbrake boot in black leather with dark purple stitching
  • Gear surround, centre console fascia, and triple gauge pod all repainted
  • Original floor mats
  • Old turbo timer
  • Factory tool bag and jack still in boot

The interior is in immaculate condition overall other than some slight wear on the driver’s seat and steering wheel

SUSPENSION/HANDLING

• BC Racing Gold series adjustable coilovers – Installed April 2012
  • New LHF knuckle assembly, RHF rack end, RHF & LHF sway bar link rods, LHR rack end - All installed late 2015 with alignment carried out
  • All steering alignments and suspension work carried out by Capital Steering and Suspension in Fyshwick

ADDITIONAL

The car will come with a few spare parts that I have in my garage should the buyer like to take them, and I also have the genuine Garage Impul gtt front bar previously installed and a full rear seat assembly from an r34 gtr which can be arranged in the price.

I absolutely love this car and never thought I would sell it, but a busy uni schedule means I’m unable to enjoy it.

Price: $22,900 negotiable – NO SWAPS

Open to reasonable offers, but if you’re looking to lowball I likely won’t bother replying. When you take into account that well looked after gtt’s fetch around $15k or more, and then take into account the work done to this car with costs totalling to well over $20k in receipts, I think this is a reasonable price to ask.

Feel free to ask questions in this thread or via PM

Tom

IMG_8954a.JPG

IMG_1897.JPG

IMG_1900.JPG

IMG_0635.JPG

IMG_8934a.JPG

IMG_8945a.JPG

IMG_8954a.JPG

IMG_1897.JPG

IMG_1900.JPG

IMG_0635.JPG

IMG_8934a.JPG

IMG_8945a.JPG

IMG_8954a.JPG

IMG_1897.JPG

IMG_1900.JPG

IMG_0635.JPG

IMG_8934a.JPG

IMG_8945a.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

As mentioned, I was going to add a boot lip spoiler, but decided to stop pouring money into the car. I originally had a gtr replica wing that was going on the car, but I changed my mind with the look I wanted to achieve and therefore sold it.

If you so desire, you can add a wing yourself. Why would I source out and purchase a genuine gtr spoiler, paint it, and fit it, when I'm selling the car?

That would cost within the range of around:

• $1000 to do for a genuine wing - $500 for wing, $500 paint and fit
  • $750-800 for a replica wing - $250-300 for replica wing, same painting and fitting cost.

If that's all that is holding you back from taking a genuine interest in the car, I would guess you aren't actually genuinely interested. I mentioned the price is negotiable - meaning I could factor this cost in if that was a make it or break it for a potential buyer.

• Like 1

As mentioned, I was going to add a boot lip spoiler, but decided to stop pouring money into the car. I originally had a gtr replica wing that was going on the car, but I changed my mind with the look I wanted to achieve and therefore sold it.
If you so desire, you can add a wing yourself. Why would I source out and purchase a genuine gtr spoiler, paint it, and fit it, when I'm selling the car?
That would cost within the range of around:
  • $1000 to do for a genuine wing - $500 for wing, $500 paint and fit
  • $750-800 for a replica wing - $250-300 for replica wing, same painting and fitting cost.
If that's all that is holding you back from taking a genuine interest in the car, I would guess you aren't actually genuinely interested. I mentioned the price is negotiable - meaning I could factor this cost in if that was a make it or break it for a potential buyer.

Ok you're half right-I was originally looking for gtt, but my budget grew so thought I'd source GTR-but as prices keep rising for GTR's, I'm reconsidering gtt's-so just putting feelers out there
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...