SAU Community

Nismo GT vs. GT PRO + Run in time

sweefu

27 minutes ago, V28VX37 said:

Pretty s__t when cold to be honest. Ok when warmed up except in really tight turns i.e. shopping cente car parks. Whatever drivability I previously had left for my better half is now pretty much gone ;)

In terms of performance there's no benefit on the street really, maybe on a mountain run. Yet to run it on the track, we'll see.

For a mostly-street car VLSD or helical is the better option.

...or what about a Cusco 1-way????

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/28/2016 at 9:03 PM, V28VX37 said:

Yeah fingers crossed :)

Re break in, I've done mostly normal suburban driving and trying to take it easy for first few hundred km's. I did do about 10 min of figure 8's on the first day but it gets old pretty quickly.

I actually had the diff on order before my last event but it never made it on time. Probably better that way, at least it gets a more peaceful run-in period before Sandown on October 1st.

How'd you go at Sandown?

How did it feel and what sort of lap time improvements did you see?

How'd you go at Sandown?
How did it feel and what sort of lap time improvements did you see?

Unfortunately I spent most of the day confirming that my head gasket is gone so only got 7 crappy laps in. Morning was very wet and the rear was very predictable in power oversteer but other than that there's very little to report.

Overall I'm not sure it's the right diff for my use to be honest. I drive about 10k a year and with a handful of track days it's only a fraction of the time that it gets used as intended. It's not a short distance city driving diff that's for sure.

3 hours ago, V28VX37 said:

Unfortunately I spent most of the day confirming that my head gasket is gone so only got 7 crappy laps in. Morning was very wet and the rear was very predictable in power oversteer but other than that there's very little to report.

Overall I'm not sure it's the right diff for my use to be honest. I drive about 10k a year and with a handful of track days it's only a fraction of the time that it gets used as intended. It's not a short distance city driving diff that's for sure.

Thanks UC

Im considering getting a nismo pro gt diff in the future for track days

Well if you end up wanting to sell it let me know :P

• Like 1

5 hours ago, blah_blah said:

Thanks UC

Im considering getting a nismo pro gt diff in the future for track days

Well if you end up wanting to sell it let me know :P

Haha thanks Tony, I think I'll just need to man up and get used to it. At least mine's not an auto like Greg's so I can clutch in around hairpins :P

Unless yours is a track only car definitely do a test drive first to see for yourself, happy to take you for a spin.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 28/09/2016 at 5:32 PM, V28VX37 said:

Pretty s__t when cold to be honest. Ok when warmed up except in really tight turns i.e. shopping cente car parks. Whatever drivability I previously had left for my better half is now pretty much gone ;)

Came here to get reassurance that I didn't get a dud unit. 

I had mine installed recently and only now fully understand what you are talking about. 

Does a fantastic job putting power down but it's not at all discreet inside the cabin.

Rickety navigating tight to medium turns, clunky upon exiting sweepers.  

Also locks up with very little provocation. 

Despite how brash it is to live with I would still opt for the Nismo GT Pro 1.5 way LSD over the standard viscous LSD. 

• Like 1

Came here to get reassurance that I didn't get a dud unit. 
I had mine installed recently and only now fully understand what you are talking about. 
Does a fantastic job putting power down but it's not at all discreet inside the cabin.
Rickety navigating tight to medium turns, clunky upon exiting sweepers.  
Also locks up with very little provocation. 
Despite how brash it is to live with I would still opt for the Nismo GT Pro 1.5 way LSD over the standard viscous LSD. 

I've found that in suburban driving I either clutch in around a tight corner or need to give it a bit of gas to lock. Mine's at its noisiest when it's not fully engaged around a corner.

I never had issues putting power down or single pegging with the stock viscous diff so this is definitely a step down around town. Live and learn.