SAU Community

R34 N1 turbo identification and A/R difference

RB335

R34 N1 turbo identification and A/R difference

Hi Guys.

I've bought a set of what I think are -7 Turbos, which I assume are R34 N1's, but I have found there appears to be 3 variations of the Nissan part number,
if the documents I am looking at are correct, the A/R's differ, but I would have thought it was exactly the same Turbo, and similar performance to GT-SS Turbos.

14411-AA401
14411-AA402
14411-AA403

This is the document i'm reading, it also apparently shows the AA403's have a GT22 compressor housing and not a T3 :

http://www.readbag.com/psiparts-au-downloads-gtr-turbo-comparison

Looking at specs, all appear to be the same except the AA403 which apparently has a 0.42 A/R, where as the rest have 0.6 compressor AR's, I'm wondering how can this be
if they are all apparently the same.  Having a look at my compressor, The A/R is 0.42.  Rear wheel definitely appears to be steel.

I just want to know if I got the real deal here, pretty sure it would be ball bearing.

Here is what my Tag says

14411-AA403
707160-7

there is very small charachters on the tap that say something like "Red Signal" on it, I can only make out the "Signal"

The question is are these R34 N1 Turbos and will they respond and have a top power similar to GT-SS?
I am just wondering how the A/R of 0.42 is going to make the turbo perform different to a 0.6 Compressor A/R

Just trying to do some research people appear to say this is the last rendition of the R34 N1 turbo and they changed the A/R for some reason.
I had thought -7 turbos should be -7's but now there appears to be a difference.

Thanks.

Edited by RB335