SAU Community

Getrag Parts Discontinued?

Thanks Dan - How many total K's on your Skyline?

Last year I bought a new Nismo 6speed Getrag conversion kit for my R32 (not cheap). I understand its stronger and better syncro's than my OEM 5 speed.

So it interests me to know of Getrag issues and failures. I dont hear of many failures (not due to constant abuse).

You running a twin plate Nismo clutch. I constantly hear of people not putting in the clutches cleanly causing problems too.

ATS Twin Plate Carbon, unknown km's on that, was in it when I bought it. 

Car has done just under 88ks and given it had an oil cooler and a few suspension mods, I wouldn't be surprised to find it had done some track k's before I bought it - though the general condition of the car implies if it must have done minimal work. 

On 27/03/2017 at 9:49 AM, ActionDan said:

No idea, I've done 1000ks in the car in 18mths. 

I just noticed that on a few WOT changes between 2nd and 3rd that 3rd was hard to engage and on a couple of occasions it popped out of gear. 

Award told me it will need Synchros and a 3-4 hub and sleeve to remedy those issues and also to try a better trans mount and fluid (which helped). 

I'm also known for being a bit picky with that sort of stuff so by other peoples standards it might be "fine".

The clutch could also be a component of the engagement issue as heat seems to be a factor. 

Interesting. 

Award Diff and Gears @ Seven Hills does all my diff and gearbox work so if they are keeping up to date with what can and can't be done for replacing parts inside the Getrag then hopefully if (when) I break my gearbox they will have a solution for fixing it... 

I am running 600awkw through mine atm with an ATS twin, it is running without an issue atm but I always plan for breaking something. Everything else in the car is pretty much bullet proof for my application so I am just worried about the factory g/b even though they are known for being one of the strongest. 

If you don't mind keeping us posted on here on your progress?