• Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mr Phatt34

Looking for Paint Resto R34 GTR

• Share this topic

14 posts in this topic

Would really appreciate feedback on any trusted business used in Melbourne for paint restoration on cars such as R34 GTR such as mine & maybe have dealt with Bayside Blue. My car is not bad to say the least, but has some little things such as stone chips, couple scratches, & couple pin dents-(may need good paintless dent guy also). Plus my TE37's(rims) could use a bit of a minor resto. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

Thanks Squareznboxez, yeah I've dealt with Vu a couple years ago when I had gtt. Great guy. I've written an email to Vu from DT Panels today asking for his expertise. Hopefully he can help with most the stuff I need

I've heard rumours that really good professional detailers can get rid of most things like scratches & stone-chips, claybar etc. Some even do rims(except tiny dents, DT Panels or paintless dent maybe for those)??? The rumours could be wrong, although if anyone knows of any detailer/s such as this then please let me know. Cheers

as my car is nowhere near in need of a respray

The magic Vu from DT Panels in Springvale can do=https://imgur.com/gallery/eXwu9 I will post some before & after pics when my v spec gtr resto is complete. Can't wait for resto'd front diffuser to go on too

Pratt do you know anyone who does custom body kit I have a r34 gtt I want the R34 gtr body kit carbon fibre bonnet

2 hours ago, Spec-s Gttt said:

Pratt do you know anyone who does custom body kit I have a r34 gtt I want the R34 gtr body kit carbon fibre bonnet

Do u want actual carbon, or is fibreglass fine, heaps of them available thru viva, also if you get the gtr bonnet chances are it wont line up with ur gtt front bar 

Cheers where are they located in Melbourne I'm from Essandon

Hey Spec-s Gtt,(my name's Phatt not Pratt haha). Vu is a wizard at fitting body kits-he fitted my body kit, Nismo front bumper & painted all-amazing finish. His shop is in Springvale & shop is called "DT Panels". MissGT34 is correct though.

Has anyone got a full respray from DT Panels? I'm curious on how much they roughly charge

Has anyone got a full respray from DT Panels? I'm curious on how much they roughly charge

Hey Luis32gtr. There was a midnight purple 2 r34 gtr getting full respray the other day when I popped in to DT Panels. In my opinion for the awesome work he does, he actually has very reasonable prices. He really looked after me. Give him a call, say I referred you(blue r34 gtr) from SAU, he should look after you too. Ps. I'm not letting anyone else touch my car cosmetically, & the previous owner of my gtr was the same

1 person likes this

Hey Luis32gtr. There was a midnight purple 2 r34 gtr getting full respray the other day when I popped in to DT Panels. In my opinion for the awesome work he does, he actually has very reasonable prices. He really looked after me. Give him a call, say I referred you(blue r34 gtr) from SAU, he should look after you too. Ps. I'm not letting anyone else touch my car cosmetically, & the previous owner of my gtr was the same

Thanks alot phatt I appreciate the help
1 person likes this

No worries Luis. I'm extremely picky with who I let touch or work on my pride & joy, & Vu is one of the few that I allow to do work on it. A lot of SAU members can vouch for him & his work shop(DT Panels). Good luck mate