SAU Community

Looking for Paint Resto R34 GTR

Mr Phatt34

Would really appreciate feedback on any trusted business used in Melbourne for paint restoration on cars such as R34 GTR such as mine & maybe have dealt with Bayside Blue. My car is not bad to say the least, but has some little things such as stone chips, couple scratches, & couple pin dents-(may need good paintless dent guy also). Plus my TE37's(rims) could use a bit of a minor resto. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

I've heard rumours that really good professional detailers can get rid of most things like scratches & stone-chips, claybar etc. Some even do rims(except tiny dents, DT Panels or paintless dent maybe for those)??? The rumours could be wrong, although if anyone knows of any detailer/s such as this then please let me know. Cheers [emoji1417]

as my car is nowhere near in need of a respray

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Spec-s Gttt said:

Pratt do you know anyone who does custom body kit I have a r34 gtt I want the R34 gtr body kit carbon fibre bonnet

Do u want actual carbon, or is fibreglass fine, heaps of them available thru viva, also if you get the gtr bonnet chances are it wont line up with ur gtt front bar 

Hey Spec-s Gtt,(my name's Phatt not Pratt haha). Vu is a wizard at fitting body kits-he fitted my body kit, Nismo front bumper & painted all-amazing finish. His shop is in Springvale & shop is called "DT Panels". MissGT34 is correct though.

Has anyone got a full respray from DT Panels? I'm curious on how much they roughly charge

Hey Luis32gtr. There was a midnight purple 2 r34 gtr getting full respray the other day when I popped in to DT Panels. In my opinion for the awesome work he does, he actually has very reasonable prices. He really looked after me. Give him a call, say I referred you(blue r34 gtr) from SAU, he should look after you too. Ps. I'm not letting anyone else touch my car cosmetically, & the previous owner of my gtr was the same

• Like 1

Hey Luis32gtr. There was a midnight purple 2 r34 gtr getting full respray the other day when I popped in to DT Panels. In my opinion for the awesome work he does, he actually has very reasonable prices. He really looked after me. Give him a call, say I referred you(blue r34 gtr) from SAU, he should look after you too. Ps. I'm not letting anyone else touch my car cosmetically, & the previous owner of my gtr was the same

Thanks alot phatt I appreciate the help
  • Like 1

No worries Luis[emoji1417]. I'm extremely picky with who I let touch or work on my pride & joy, & Vu is one of the few that I allow to do work on it. A lot of SAU members can vouch for him & his work shop(DT Panels). Good luck mate

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I've been around a lot of pedantic finicky GTR-owners with mega dollar cars who have all gone to one person to do their work. I have too. Steve at SL Customs is second to none. No cheap or rushed paint jobs. Only show quality paint each and every time.  I can personally vouch for him as can a huge number of GTR owners across Melbourne. He started off doing show pieces in the muscle car scene and has done some very rare exotics. He's one of the few who can do a tremendous job on bayside blue and midnight purple and is usually booked out well in advance, so don't count on him squeezing your bucket with Chinese fiberglass in for a 'cheapy', if that's your thing :16_relieved:. He's not on these forums so PM me if you want more details.