SAU Community

Withdrawl

Josh222

On 12/27/2016 at 4:53 PM, dyl33 said:

Never made a snowman :( been sunburnt though.

Civic sounds like the better car,  1. It still drives with 372,000km  2. It doubles as a snowmobile what more do you want.

It has been a very reliable car to say the least, still on the original clutch!  Just had to use the snow blower to clear out another foot of snow this weekend:mellow:

• 1 month later...

Seems like you guys got record breaking high temps with animals literately falling out of the sky dead and here I am trying to get my snow blower out of the backyard....

HvPfgCz.jpg

Edited by Josh222
  • Like 1

Yeah, heat is good, I don't mind the dry heat, good swimming weather.....but the humidity this year has been hard to put up with.  If I wanted humidity I would live up north ffs.

And you can stick your snow [sorry Josh]....I live near it [aussie style] and hate the stuff, PITA.

• 10 months later...

I guess on the bright side, every Spring thaw must be like Christmas since you get to pull the wrapper off the GTR again. Driving the Civic would be like a reset button on your concept of a quick car.

You could always pick up a G35X for some quick(ish), cheap(?) Winter thrills.

On 1/2/2018 at 6:47 PM, Hertz Donut said:

I guess on the bright side, every Spring thaw must be like Christmas since you get to pull the wrapper off the GTR again. Driving the Civic would be like a reset button on your concept of a quick car.

You could always pick up a G35X for some quick(ish), cheap(?) Winter thrills.

I used to drive a modded Subaru Outback turbo for a daily but now I drive over 1000km a week so I got myself the hand me down civic from my father when he bought a new one but then I got tired of fueling up twice a week so I bought a beat up tdi Jetta wagon that's coming up on 500k km but goes almost 1200km a tank. Now its to damn cold to work on the gtr, the engine needs to come out to get the shortblock rebuilt with some forged bits and new bearings. Then after that's all done I have a pair of -5 turbos and all the supporting bits to go on.