SAU Community

Exemption for high power vehicle

Rucksackarmybag

Exemption for high power vehicle

Hey guys, not really sure if I'm posting in the right spot. But whatever, hopefully get a response. 

Im aware this topic has been talked about numerous amounts of times, however nothing really relates to my situation. 

I have bought an R34 GTT off my dad for super cheap, without really thinking of the turbo restrictions for P-platers. I'm aware there is a high power vehicle exemption and I was inquiring if my situation could be valid for it or if I can obtain some sort of exemption. 

I live in Townsville QLD, I am currently in the ARMY. It is the only vehicle I have, and I can't really afford to be buying random cars here and there to suit my p- plates, regardless of whether it was 500$ or $5000. It's merely to get me back and forth from work and I can't afford another car.

I live 20km away from the base and there is no public transport whatsoever. Taxis and ubers are costing me a tone as well. I already have bills to pay as well as support my family (Mrs) and this is creating extreme financial hardship. Driving would be so much easier however I believe my car is restricted because it has a turbo and 132kw to the tone. I also have to work irregular hours, and I get called in literally around the clock for rehursal and so on etc.. 

Hopefully there is a solution to my problem? 

Cheers fellas. 

1 hour ago, Ben C34 said:

Sell car for tidy profit.

Buy cheap car and diamond ring for wife.

Get a bj.

Probably the best advice on this forum.

I doubt anyone here is going to know how your "circumstances" are going to be treated by QLD transport. Your best chance is just applying, have you read the form?

They seem to be keen on it being the only car "reasonably" available and financial hardship and lack of other transport, which you've indicated as being a problem. Get an ARMY lawyer or your boss to write a letter about your requirement and times to be at work. Spin the ownership of the car as being gifted by your dad cause you couldn't afford to buy one making it the only reasonable option. Done.

Who knows maybe they'll feel patriotic and approve it based on your dedication to protecting this country.

• Like 2

^ most reasonable option. Be aware that they generally apply passenger restrictions and night driving restrictions on any exemptions they give.