SAU Community

12 second plan of attack.

Ok guys, in my quest to achieve a 290-300rwhp, 12 second 1/4 mile in my R32 GTS-T using only street tyres, my current plan of attack consists of the following modifications (some of which i already have on the car):

Full turbo back 3" exhaust with high flow cat.

GT2530

HKS Air pod

Hybrid 600x300x75 FMIC

Bosch 040 450hp fuel pump

Fuel regulator

Tuned ROM

Decent clutch and lightened flywheel

Some further considerations for the run:

Removing the rear seats for weight reduction, 1/4 tank of fuel, bottle of octane boost, stripping my boot completely and the driver (me) have a light breakfast and skip lunch. :D

-

Questions:

1. What street tyres will be the bare minimum size needed? I would like to to do the run using the standard gts-t wheels. Is it possible on 205/55's?

2. This is the most worrying aspect of my car, i have TEIN HE coilovers which are VERY stiff, is it possible to get traction and make the 12 with such firm coil overs?

3. What boost level would be most recommended for the run? Some have said 16psi, some have said 18psi....

-

If anyone can give me some experience based advice, recommendations or answers to my questions it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys

light brekky and skipping lunch will not make a difference (unless you eat like a horse).

try running 225/50's on the stockers...else you could get GTR rims which are 16x8 (as opposed to 16x6.5)

I'd probably get onto the track first and see what times you run. There's no use in us telling you to do this and that without knowing how far off you are from a 12sec 1/4. If anything a good launch will get you the most improvement.

You'll need more than a GT2530 to do it I'd say, depending on how good you can launch..

Depends whether you want a very high 12, or get into the mid or low 12's.. fair difference required to get into them.

It's a tough one to decide, many people are telling me to get a 2535 instead, but as i enjoy a little bit of drifting that's what is making me sway towards the 30 instead. I need to find a balance..

Guest Robo's

Dont waist your money in upgrading turbos to dip into the 12's. If your not close with the 2350, you wont be any different with the 2535.

My tips are:

Deflate tyres to around 20psi

Do a good burnout to get some heat in them no matter what tyre or size they are

Try a few practise launches to get the feel of your clutch biting and grip (on the strip i can use more revs than the street)

Launching is the key, break out in wheelspin and youve lost it. Balance between revs and grip

Dont be scared to abuse your clutch if your looking for quick 60's

Make sure your gearshifts are quick.

Good luck.

The balance between revs and grip is a fine line for me.

I ran 225/55/16 tyres at the drags tonight and the clutch isn't up to scratch.

13.6@109mph (175kmh). 2.3 60ft.

I have coil overs (not as stiff as Teins)...but stockos would be better.

If i could get a flat 2 60ft, i would be running flat-low 13's.

My mods are similar to what you hope to do, cept for the clutch.

Hope that helps.

Scott

Hi Mate

Good goal you have to pull a 12.!! ANd i will agree that the difference between a high and low 12 is massive!.

Coming from just pulling a 12.5 @ 117Mph i can tell you that 20psi in ur tyres wont do anything think more like 8-10psi i was running this and helped hugely

Massive burnout heat em right up.

Dont worry about the tree just sit there and get your revs right, never go 1st 2nd hard becuase that inceases the chance of losing traction getting ur 60ft good is very important for your final time and ur MPH which is a huge sign of what your car is capable of. So run your car as it is then report back with your 60Ft time and your MPH and it should be easy to tell you what is needed performance/suspension setup to get your 12's.

I only had 2 runs before my clutch started slipping bad but ill be back in about 2 months for an 11 its definetly got it. I want to smash HPI's R34 Ive already got a higher MPH then them and I did my 12 second quarter on 40% tread 225's 17s standard road tyres.

Will be using 10Inch tread on 16 inch tyres Nitto's next time.

Good luck with your 12's mate its good fun!.

BR,

JH

Hi Guys!,

Yeah 2rismo cant wait my 60ft times were 2.4 hahah but I just came to test see what had to be done and tyres/clutch is definetly needed. Some cars there were running into the 10's with lower MPH's so IM keen to see what can be possible on the manual and see if its viable to go Auto.

Mods to date as the car was for sale and still to a point is, check them out at

http://www.impexpersonnel.com.au/skyline

My MPH should get over the 120 mark once i get my 60fts better if anyone wants a small clip of the video it was earlier tonight at WSID I can send through listen to the car scrabble for traction 3rd gear!!

Thanks for the interest guys

Times tonight where

12.569 @ 113mph- Have clip of this run if anyone interested.

12.501 @ 117mph

3rd Time when 4th gear slipped

13.044 @ 89mph

JH

Owner OnGate Performance.

japsky33, with 117mph and a 1.6 60' you have an 11.8-11.9 ET begging.  Good luck mate!

Adrian

see my sig for times. (beofre cooler and flywheel)

I looking for 12s (12.9) as I just fitted a lightweight flywheel which are reputedly good for 0.4 - 0.5.

Also bolted in front mount cooler which should add a touch.

PowerFC coming soon.

Definent 12s

Definetly should be 12's!

BR

JH

see my sig for times.  (beofre cooler and flywheel)

I looking for 12s (12.9) as I just fitted a lightweight flywheel which are reputedly good for 0.4 - 0.5.

Also bolted in front mount cooler which should add a touch.

PowerFC coming soon.

Definent 12s

WSID was designed to be one of the quickest, legal drag racing tracks in the world. There's alot of sneaky development that went into building the track, that all fits within acceptable rules. Little things like the maximum amount of downhill gradient allowed, track surface and base, as well as the U shaped design to mimimise headwind etc.

Guest Robo's
Hi Guys!,

Yeah 2rismo cant wait my 60ft times were 2.4 hahah but I just came to test see what had to be done and tyres/clutch is definetly needed. Some cars there were running into the 10's with lower MPH's so IM keen to see what can be possible on the manual and see if its viable to go Auto.

Mods to date as the car was for sale and still to a point is, check them out at

http://www.impexpersonnel.com.au/skyline

My MPH should get over the 120 mark once i get my 60fts better if anyone wants a small clip of the video it was earlier tonight at WSID  I can send through listen to the car scrabble for traction 3rd gear!!  

Thanks for the interest guys

Times tonight where

12.569 @ 113mph- Have clip of this run if anyone interested.

12.501 @ 117mph

3rd Time when 4th gear slipped  

13.044 @ 89mph

JH

Owner OnGate Performance.

Alot of mods there, i wouldnt be happy with anything short of 120mph.