SAU Community

12 second plan of attack.

Guest Robo's
see my sig for times.  (beofre cooler and flywheel)

I looking for 12s (12.9) as I just fitted a lightweight flywheel which are reputedly good for 0.4 - 0.5.

Also bolted in front mount cooler which should add a touch.

PowerFC coming soon.

Definent 12s

Join the exclusive 12 second stock turboed, no nos, street rubber club.

I doubt whether the flywheel would help you that much. So if i fitted the flywheel i would be running mid 12's, i doubt it, but still if i picked up 0.1 i'd be happy.

I picked up over 3/10's and 4mph with the intercooler.

Yeah I agree thats why next time when I'm not wheel spinning so bad I will get the 120mph. 120MPH should put any car deep into the 11's even 10's.

You can watch the video of it the car lights it into 3rd gear

BR,

JH

Alot of mods there, i wouldnt be happy with anything short of 120mph.

Join the exclusive 12 second stock turboed, no nos, street rubber club.

I doubt whether the flywheel would help you that much.  So if i fitted the flywheel i would be running mid 12's, i doubt it, but still if i picked up 0.1 i'd be happy.

I picked up over 3/10's and 4mph with the intercooler.

I still cant beleive you got a 12 with standard turbo, are you SURE its still the standard turbo? I spose with that 60ft time and a perfect drive its not impossible

Here's my response from boostcruising:

I'm in exactly the same situation as you so here's my advice based on waaay too many hours of research:

- 2530 will make plenty of power all the way to redline. You've picked the perfect turbo so don't worry about that.

- I'm also hesitant to upgrade my injectors without really needing to. You've got the cost of injectors ($300-400), management ($1500-2000), AFM ($300) plus labour. Just make the most out of what you've got and be happy with it.

- Get the car on a dyno and just run the most boost you can before totally maxing out the injectors. I'm hoping to run 1.2-1.3bar max.

- Put some 225/50/16 semi-slicks on your stock rims (something like Falken RT215s which are fairly cheap) and drop the air pressure to 20psi.

- Swap your coilovers for a standard set of springs and shocks for the weekend.

- Install 'pineapples' (subframe bushes) to minimise axle tramp.

- Lightened flywheel will definately be an advantage. I'm looking round for a twin plate clutch which come with lightened flywheel, not as light as aftermarket but better than stock.

That's exactly what i'm planning for my car and hopefully with some practice and luck i can run a 12.7-12.8 (or maybe slightly better with my weight advantage over the r32).

Im telling ya 20psi in ya tyres wont do anything noticable get them squashed run 8psi do a massive burnout and then launch and tell me if it made no difference.

BR

JH

Here's my response from boostcruising:

I'm in exactly the same situation as you so here's my advice based on waaay too many hours of research:

- 2530 will make plenty of power all the way to redline. You've picked the perfect turbo so don't worry about that.

- I'm also hesitant to upgrade my injectors without really needing to. You've got the cost of injectors ($300-400), management ($1500-2000), AFM ($300) plus labour. Just make the most out of what you've got and be happy with it.

- Get the car on a dyno and just run the most boost you can before totally maxing out the injectors. I'm hoping to run 1.2-1.3bar max.

- Put some 225/50/16 semi-slicks on your stock rims (something like Falken RT215s which are fairly cheap) and drop the air pressure to 20psi.

- Swap your coilovers for a standard set of springs and shocks for the weekend.

- Install 'pineapples' (subframe bushes) to minimise axle tramp.

- Lightened flywheel will definately be an advantage. I'm looking round for a twin plate clutch which come with lightened flywheel, not as light as aftermarket but better than stock.

That's exactly what i'm planning for my car and hopefully with some practice and luck i can run a 12.7-12.8 (or maybe slightly better with my weight advantage over the r32).

Cheers, i'll probably start at around 18psi then drop it 2psi each time i run to see what difference it makes and find the optimal pressure for my tyres/size. Is there a chance it'll spin on the rim at that pressure?

WSID was designed to be one of the quickest, legal drag racing tracks in the world. There's alot of sneaky development that went into building the track, that all fits within acceptable rules. Little things like the maximum amount of downhill gradient allowed, track surface and base, as well as the U shaped design to mimimise headwind etc.

Thanks,

Scott

Hi mate,

with regards to spinning on the rims Im not sure I am no way a tyre expert I just tried the 20psi then 15 but found huge difference with sub 10psi in them.

Yes doing 12's on standard turbo does amaze me a bit. ?? Have you guys got a dyno print out ? The guys pulling the high 12s ons tandard turbos?

BR,

JH

Dyno print out somewhere but I will suggest that the cars running 12's on std turbos are pushing anywhere between 185-200kW @ the rears. Mine = 195kW.

Adrian