SAU Community

Need help losing oil but no oil leak?

12 hours ago, MrR33SKI said:

Turbo lol. Ive gone with a rb26dett for the 33 gtst. Cbf for the head aches of having someone elses thrashed motor lol. Ill see what i hit on the dyno and post pics here. Thanks for all the help guys 

Umm yeah, that's like saying you hate guns then buying an AK-47.

Boggles my mind how people think the 26 is much of an upgrade over the 25. Older engine design with more flaws; GTR taxed parts and less availability; more prone to catastrophic failure...all for a negligible increase in displacement and a different soundtrack.

• Like 3

On 21/09/2017 at 9:38 AM, Birds said:

Boggles my mind how people think the 26 is much of an upgrade over the 25. Older engine design with more flaws; GTR taxed parts and less availability; more prone to catastrophic failure...all for a negligible increase in displacement and a different soundtrack.

Don't forget them all being thrashed.

At least the RB25DET has a better chance of being less thrashed, especially if it's from an auto car (e.g. Stagea).

And that the newest engine you'll get is already 15 years old, a lot if people dont even realise that some of our favourite cars like the r32 gtr are already 27 ish years old!!!

God damn dinosaurs

Edited by Cyko34
  • Like 1

Constantly trips me out that my R33 daily is older now than VH Commodores were when I first got my licence...I thought VNs were old shitters back then lol (they were)

• 2 weeks later...

Car is running perfect now. No issues st all besides having stock power. Have had a long think about it and came to the thought of just keeping the car stock and healthy. Also i have decided i would like to get a s15, evo7, and/or supra for a weekend car and keep the skyline as my daily. 

This might sound stupid but if your burning through lots of oil check your PCV valve is working correctly

I’ve recently gone through a similar exercise with my Dads landcruiser which was using about a litre per 1000km

It’s done 305,000kms so we thought it was just worn rings. However I decided to pull out the PCV valve to check it, and it was stuck open. The vacuum hose going to it had split, so it didn’t have enough vacuum to open and close it and it got stuck

Cleaned it out with some solvent, put a new hose on and it’s using bugger all oil now, running sweet