• Welcome to SAU Community

    Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

    • Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

    Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

    Click here to register


Tony Olsson

2017 AGM 2018 Committee Elections

Recommended Posts

23472036_1947415165284850_46916106377885

2017 AGM & 2018 SAU-VIC Committee Elections
Location: AutoTechnics
707 Plenty Road, Preston, Victoria, Australia 3072
Date: 22/11/2017 Wednesday
Time: 7:30 - 9:30pm
Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/146023009461504/

The 2018 SAU Vic elections will be held via AGM at the November Club Meeting on the 22nd of November 2017
At this meeting, the new Committee for 2018 will be elected the annual report and financial position of the club will be presented.
All Committee positions are up for voting and nomination.
However it will only be the Executive Committee who gets voted in on the night of the AGM.
The Executive committee will then pick the general committee as they see fit from the members who are nominated here.
Nominations can only be made by financial members of SAU-Vic.
If you would like to be involved on the Committee, please nominate yourself. If you think someone else would be great in a Committee role - please nominate them.
For a nomination to be valid it must be seconded by a current Club Member and the person must accept the nomination.
Don't be scared - this is a great way to get more involved with your club. The Committee is currently structured as such:
Executive Committee roles:
President
Vice President
Secretary
Treasurer


General Committee roles:
Social Events
Motorsport Events
Again, this is a great way to be a part of your club. All current financial members are eligible.
All committee members have to stand down and be re-nominated and re-elected - so everyone has the ability to be involved.
Please post any queries or nominations in this thread.

Role Descriptions

Executive Committee roles:

President
This is the clubs leader. This person is responsible for the clubs "public" face appearance.
Their responsibility is to ensure the club is heading and following the direction that the members want.
They should also show good leadership examples to other committee members and delegate tasks to the general committee.
The President should endeavour to run all of the monthly general meetings.

Vice President
This is the clubs second in command role. This person is responsible for day to day running of the various "departments" of the club.
They act as a fill in for when the President is absent from meeting, events and other appearances.
They also cover any absences for any decision-making requirements and processes.

Secretary
Responsible for all club mail, notices, memberships, member inquiries, member questions and bulletins.
The secretary should also track our various club affiliation agreements (insurance etc) and ensure all of the club information is up to date and correct.
The secretary should also handle all memberships add/changes/deletes

Treasurer
The treasurer is responsible for the clubs trading funds and bankroll.
It is their responsibility to ensure funds for events, purchases, stock, merchandise, deposits etc is handled correctly.
All money transfers, transactions, purchases need to be logged and recorded for our regular balance checks and yearly reviews.
This person has direct access to the SAU bank account and financial data.
This person is called upon also when cross planning events and new ideas to ensure adequate funds and capacity is available.
As we are non profit car club this role is very important and all steps must be taken to protect the clubs money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My vote for positions next year are

Vice President - Simon Henman
Secretary - Robyn Ryrie
Treasurer - Martin Sullivan

I would love to continue on if nominated for another year and now with a super strong motorsport team running events to concentrate on our non motorsport members in the coming year. But will see how votes go :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't make the AGM, but I wouldn't mind stepping up to a committee role in the Social or Motorsport Events, if required.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I accept and nominate / second the following.

President - Tony Olsson
Secretary - Robyn Ryrie
Treasurer - Martin Sullivan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

President: Tony Olsson

VP: Simon Henman

Secretaries: Robyn Ryrie/ Mel Driftee

Treasurer: Martin Sullivan

 

 

ETA: my nomination is for Robyn Ryrie to hand over to Mel over a 2 month training period.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I accept the nomination and hope to have an awesome next year for the club :) 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bump - don’t forget to nominate / accept nominations!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a venue yet? I have great difficulty getting out of the office at a decent time so it would be good to know where I am headed.

Rob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/10/2017 at 8:25 PM, NUTWGN said:

President: Tony Olsson

VP: Simon Henman

Secretaries: Robyn Ryrie/ Mel Driftee

Treasurer: Martin Sullivan

 

 

ETA: my nomination is for Robyn Ryrie to hand over to Mel over a 2 month training period.

I accept the nomination for secretary whenever Robyn is ready to hand it over.... 

(sorry, i'm slowly learning how this stuff works)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2017 at 3:27 AM, Odium said:

It's at AutoTechnics in Preston, more details on the facebook event!

https://www.facebook.com/events/146023009461504/

Not everyone uses facebook! (even though you can see the event without a profile).

I have updated the post with address etc, Liam it would be great to have you on the commitee which will be nutted out after the elections.

See you all there

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So apparently no-one more qualified is going to step up...(still plenty of time..)

 

so I will accept this nomination

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I second Martin as treasurer and Mel as secretary with a two month handover from Robyn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After the AGM last night, we have the 2018 Exec committee,

President - Tony Olsson

Vice President - Simon Henman

Secretary - Robyn Ryrie

and our new Treasurer - Martin Sullivan

Over the next couple of weeks, exec committee will be looking at club roles. If you would like to offer help or have any ideas please let us know either here, or at [email protected]

Heres to a great 2018!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now