SAU Community

Should I be paying my mechanic to tow my car between workshops?

I don't really contribute hear at all but I need an opinion.

I've had a RB30/Neo 3.4 Stroker built at a workshop. Whilst at the workshop the shop relocated. The mechanic wanted me to pay a towing fee between his old and new workshop, I did although didn't think it was fair. Then he got in trouble for having too many cars at his new workshop so he had it moved to my house whilst the engine was being built, I paid towing once again. And now the engine is back in and the piping work needs to be done. He has it being towed to some other workshop to be done and wants me to pay towing again. Towing too and from $70 each time! I don't think this is right/fair. What do you think? What should I say or do?

Absolute bullshit. I am of the opinion that you really shouldn't have had to pay for any towing at all, but if you had to split the towing 50/50 with him that wouldn't be too bad either.

I would ask him face to face why he exects you to be paying for the towing and see what his reasoning is.

I agree with the above. Were you made aware he was moving shops? 

So your mechanic moves shop and gets you to pay the towie then finds out he csnt even keep the car there and tells you to come and get it? I wouldnt bother going back lol

Edited by WantGTR
Edit

Tough call...

Was the vehicle in a driveable condition when you dropped it off? If so, then I think mechanic should wear the cost of towing to new workshop. It wasn't your choice for him to move workshops so that sucks and you probably shouldn't have had to pay for that one, but certainly if they have to tow it to other places to be worked on, then that one would be on you...

Down the middle sounds fairer?

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the comments, I just let it go because I've just had enough of dealing with him. He charged me $50 p/h for labour so I don't really mind that much. The last time it got towed was to have an exhaust and intercooler piping made, I paid to and from and wasn't told until he had to pay for it. My car is done now and I will be collecting it from Tassie and bringing it back to Victoria in 2 weeks :D

f**k that, if he chooses to change shops it is his choice and his cost 

if he needs to out source work which he always stated would be outsourced you should pay it 

if he needs to our source work which he was supposed to do but cant he should pay it