SAU Community

High Octane 5 - Overboost

I cant stand that poof in his poxy wide body mr2. This whole series of vids has way to much non car related crap used to fill the 1.5 hours of viewing. The serious performance collection are much better IMO but if High Octane has improved i'd like to know also.

I cant handle the Serious Performance vids, the quality of cars and the footage of them doesnt really float my boat....still ill buy anything and they are all much better then the Max Power videos...the Hi Octanes are good for a laugh (only once) and i like the track and runway footage from the first few

Overboost is by far the best one they have done yet, even though it still does have some of the usual cheesy crap in it. But it does have them in cars from top Japanese tuners such as: Stillway, HKS, Veilside and Signal.

So how much % of gay footage is there to car footage in this one?

There is only about maybe 10 minutes all up of his story that goes through the movie.

Yeah, this one is maybe 10% crap - which is still more than I'd like, but its better than the previous one with the trip to the US which was pretty much 99.9% crap.

High Octane 4 is the 2nd worst car video I have seen (Max Power - Beasts From the East being the worst) and High Octane Overboost is the best...

High Octane Overboost is definitely a lot better than the previous ones, and even though there was a lot of non-car related time wasting crap in them, i still enjoyed them.

The NOS skyline is funny though :D

2 guys from NZ like it but no one from Aus has said anything yet.

HEHE national pride?

That might be because its either not out in Oz yet, or just because no one has seen it there yet :headspin: Considering I think the first 4 standard out OK, then got progressively shite - HO4 being the best quality utter shit I have ever seen - I think I am pretty neutral.

High Octane Overboost is definately worth a watch. Don't ever watch HO4.

The serious performance collection are much better IMO

Yeah, cos I love nothing more than watching a moron in his airbrushed and wheelie bar equipped, nos bottle weilding swift/cino/barina putting around Oran park with no seat belt! :D:)

2 guys from NZ like it but no one from Aus has said anything yet.

HEHE national pride?

lol considering the most boring parts of the last DVD/'s were when they went to the aussie/ US car shows.

if i see another Cyber honda or one of those gay lancer coupes you guys have infactuations with (well not you guys as you own skylines, but other guys) i think ill scream-

HO5 was great, better than the last BS one.

Alot of the other stuff in them is more relavant to us though, as its local.Hence why you probably find it boring. Pretty much works both ways as we have very different car scenes in our countrys.

I'm australian and I like High Octane

I think its just a different view of performance cars. I like the comical aspect of it.

I actually think that ketzal, while being stupid in some parts is quite funny. overal I like the dvd's (4 was a bit crap) and I own all 5

the whole thing is they aren't really a serious hardcore look at performance cars, if you want that buy HPI or something similar.

you can't say teh MR2 and GTS4 aren't hot though

mark

• 2 weeks later...

Ok finially got around to watching overboost and its preety farking good.

Easily the best high octane they have released. Just the japan trip is worth paying for it.

I also got Best Motoring 11 and that rocks to with the testing of the new Galardo against the F360, 911 GT2 etc.