SAU Community

PPG 6 speed Sequential for GTR

SimonR32

So they have been kicking around for a year or two in some cars and looks like a few of us have taken the plunge and made a purchase so just wondering what information is out there.

6 speed sequential that fits inside the standard GTR 5 speed case and bolts straight in. Got a nice load cell and rotary position sensor so you can set up closed loop flat shifts with a decent ECU. Gear ratios seems very sensible and friendly at 2.706 / 1.894 / 1.471 / 1.184 / 1.000 / 0.812 but have no options. Big 26-spline input shaft so requires a new clutch and rated at over 1000hp. Fair bit cheaper than a Holinger (with all the extras you need), Albins (which needs to have floor cut) and around the same price as an OS88 but with a lot more tech.

Seems they have run into a few issues along the way but have been quickly fixed under warranty and new versions have been introduced to fix. Claims of 38ms shifts (probably more like 50ms) is still crazy fast if set up correctly.

Who is running one? How easy was the ECU set up for flat shift? Anyone keen to share some experience or settings?

ppg%20sequential.JPG

Edited by SimonR32

21 minutes ago, Griffin said:

How much are they? ( I've heard the saying re if you need to ask you can't afford).

How user friendly street wise are they?

All said and done (if you get them to assemble it which was $1,700 alone), it’s about $23,500. That includes supplying your own case, shipping from SA to Sydney.

Not cheap by any means.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, sneakey pete said:

Is that a drive away price?
eg clutch, wiring tuning ecu around it etc? Or just the cost of a completed box?

No clutch.

No installation.

No tuning.

You get that.

0E157731-7EBC-4C10-B668-B13633D9B34B.jpeg

20 hours ago, Piggaz said:

All said and done (if you get them to assemble it which was $1,700 alone), it’s about $23,500. That includes supplying your own case, shipping from SA to Sydney.

Not cheap by any means.

I swear they have just jumped in price on High-Octane website?

9 minutes ago, SimonR32 said:

I swear they have just jumped in price on High-Octane website?

I bought mine when they dropped the price to $19,800. That doesn’t include the housing, shipping or assembly. It has gone back upto the “normal” price again.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So they definitely (in my case anyway) don't bolt straight into stock housing. There is 3 places that need clearancing, 2 for the selector forks and 1 for 6th gear. In saying that, a die grinder and flapper wheel makes it reasonably easy and not too time consuming.

20180128_120341.jpg

20180128_120332.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For some info on setup you could try b2r motorsports in Ingleburn nsw, they have a fairly big build r32gtr with the ppg in it. Set up very nicely with a link ecu. they ve spent a lot of time getting it right. And it works very well. B2R Motorsports fb page has some videos of it.

• 4 weeks later...