SAU Community

RB25DET Neo heater hoses

CRSKmD

Not sure if correct place admin please move if needed.

Half way through a RB25DET neo into R32 swap and needing to replace the heater and other hoses.

from what i can gather the RB25DET Neo heater hoses are what i need but please correct me if i am wrong.

apart from OEM what options are out there. i have found Misc eBay ones mainly listing RB26 or R33 25
and JJR do not list a Neo kit.

I don't remember the details, but I just cut the R32 ones and used size-changing joiners to connect them to the appropriate points on the back end of the inlet manifold/water log stuff.  The R32/RB20 stuff is different sized to the R34/Neo hoses, so you can't just get Neo hoses and use them (and they go to the wrong spot on the firewall anyway, I think).

This is the list of numbers I used for replacing all of the rubber hoses in my engine bay, I added some metal pipes in there too, you can ignore those.

K5qAzpE.png

I used this website/diagram to get part codes/numbers

http://www.jp-carparts.com/nissan/partlist.php?maker=nissan&type=81&cartype=12&fig=211

Hope this helps!

• Thanks 1

First image is original R32 heater hoses coming out of firewall and going behind head.  Note that the RB25DET Neo steel heater pipes have been removed from the back of the head.  (Ignore the small hose mixed up with it - it's my current attempt to stop smurf jizz spoogin all over my parking spots.

WP_20180209_11_26_01_Pro.thumb.jpg.6ceaea28724f5fbbb54432a31bba8011.jpg

Second image is same R32 heater hoses seen from other side of head.  Retains the original R32 bleeder point (just under the brake pipe you can see on lower edge of photo).  If you look down next to the clutch master, where the brake pipe bends under it, you can see the hose clamps that show where I have the size reducing joiners.  I cut the R32 hoses here, put the joiners in and also cut back the RB25 hoses coming off the head/water log/block (wherever they each came from).

WP_20180209_11_26_32_Pro.jpg.83e8ca4640dff665d8af4eb7db0fc79d.jpg

The last photo shows same thing from forward of the clutch master.  The bit of heater hose with the dried green smurf spoof is the RB25 heater hose and you can see its hose clamp onto the engine side connection behind that bit of loom.

WP_20180209_11_26_45_Pro.jpg.8517831ddec3cf4d94c0a0a92bd90bf4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, GeeDog said:

Did you get this sorted? I've found the body side heater hoses off my R33, and I'm in Adelaide. They are 19mm / 3/4" ID, and appear to be in good condition. Removed cause track car.

20180219_180426.thumb.jpg.52d74c1e362a353499c680fd107e4bdc.jpg

I went away so this is still a future me problem. 

• Haha 1