SAU Community

Tyres and wheels size

Still doesn't really seem possible, I had a full roll, and pull, and semi-flare to get 18x9.5 +27 at the front.

Those wheels are a full 15mm further out than what I have up the front of a 34.

And mine sits like this:

image.png.2accd6fe434ced575a1ffbbd0cb6077b.png

Guess I'm off to get a R33 then, the geometry isn't as close as people tend to say it is here!

Sorry to disappoint you mate but i assure you its possible. Unless I’ve somehow ended up in a parallel universe where my reality is different!!

BC coilovers- which were ordered with 6/4kg springs (but who actually knows)

No other magic. Its been done before- i don’t know what the hype is about!

Doesnt scrub on full lock, and as you can see its quite low. I think there is room for more tyre tbh.

IMG_4742.jpg

Well there we go.

This is what a 9.5 +27 looks at the front of a 34 with a pulled guard. This is wih a 265 tyre and is about 0.1mm from rubbing on everything on lock.

image.png.cfe76d40770e7f9c0f97e949b9fe009b.png

I've lowered it a touch since then, but it's pretty easy to see that there's no way +15mm is going to fit in that guard.

I always flirt with re-shelling the car (as opposed to painting). Looks like the R33 GTST got a few more points in that regard :P

Sorry to hijack thread - There's a lot of info on SAU that suggest fitment for R33 GTST and R34 GTT is so identical it's almost "the same", clearly it isn't!