SAU Community

Wanting to get into super sprint racing

jcAUSER

Hey guys.

Im picking up an R32 GTST race car in the next few weeks and want to get into some super sprint racing in the CSCA series with a mate that already runs in it. 

Does SAU membership allow access to this series? or would I need to be a member of another car club also?

With luck I may make the June 11 track day also.

https://www.cams.com.au/get-involved/clubs/club-finder

CAMS CLUB FINDER

Keyword:
AllACTNSWNTQLDSATASVICWAState:

4 results found

Thanks for the reply.

I should of added im in NSW :)

Yer I saw this on the cams website, but not sure if this gives access the the CSCA supersprint series.

cheers

You would have to ask whomever runs the series if:

A: You have to register for the series itself or if you can participate without entering the championship.
B: If any CAMS affiliated car club is ok or if you have to be a member from what is on their list. The car clubs listed on the website look like a bunch of flat cap types but the cars in the photos aren't, so who knows.

To get a level 2 license you need to be a member of an affiliated car club.  This covers you off from the licensing point of view.  NFI what is required for the series itself but usually it is simply a matter of entering, paying money to the organisers and them not caring who's club you are in.

Thanks mate

Yer I will join SAU as it gets me the L2S and you guys are all about Skylines, so win win there. :)

and browsing the forum, it looks like you guys do a fair few track days anyways. Just means Ill make new friends lol

My mate is in the Jag club as he has an E Type, but races a WRX. Im pretty sure I can enter their track days, like you said, pay the money etc, but dont get championship points, which im not fussed on, more the racing with my mate. From what I have found out it used to be called Classic Sports Car Association, but now Combined Sports Car Association and the list below sort of shows the Classic affiliation.

Current Member Clubs
Austin Healey Owners’ Club
Morgan Owners’ Club of Australia
Triumph Sports Owners’ Association
MG Car Club (NSW) Limited
MG Car Club Newcastle
Club Lotus Australia
J
aguar Drivers Club of Australia
Sprite Car Club of Australia

8 hours ago, jcAUSER said:

Does SAU membership allow access to this series?

This will depend on whether the events are multi-club or not. Multi-club means they will take entries from anyone who has an appropriate licence (L2S or whatever it's called now usualyy for speed events). If it's not a multi-club event, you will need to be a member of one of the CSCA member clubs as listed above.

Because I'm bored, I found a copy of the supp regs for their round 2 event on May 26th, and it is indeed a multi-club event, but the wording for entries is that "members of the following invited clubs (same list as above) are eligible to enter, along with members of other CAMS affiliated clubs at the discretion of the secretary, if it is not a full field of 120 from CSCA clubs" - so it will depend on how popular the events are. If they get 120 entries from CSCA club members, you won't get in.

I've attached the supp regs for you, so you can find out pretty much everything you need to know about that event. It is likely that all their supersprints will be almost identical - dates, names etc will change but the rules and format should stay the same.

Approved+Supp+Regs.pdf

Edited by GeeDog