SAU Community

Recommended Machine Shop and Engine Builders for RB Motors

What are some best recommended machine shop and engine builders for RB Motors. Need some names and contacts to start researching, ones I found on this site seems outdated.

Looking for ones that can also do CNC head porting.

Edited by etang789

In Oz or Honkers?

In Oz, Lewis Race engines in Adelaide would be a good choice.  As would Knight Engines, but he is usually flat out booked for a year or so in advance.

I'm betting that if you did just a little googling you would find the 6 or 8 highly recommended shops in the eastern states, and the one or two really good ones in Perth too.

As for CNC head porting.....waste of time unless you're wanting to do multiple heads (like dozens) and want to bring the per unit cost down.  If you want the best port job, you still need to finish a CNC job by hand, because CNC porting has to be quite conservative to avoid problems caused by core shift etc etc.

On 8/5/2018 at 8:21 AM, GTSBoy said:

In Oz or Honkers?

In Oz, Lewis Race engines in Adelaide would be a good choice.  As would Knight Engines, but he is usually flat out booked for a year or so in advance.

I'm betting that if you did just a little googling you would find the 6 or 8 highly recommended shops in the eastern states, and the one or two really good ones in Perth too.

As for CNC head porting.....waste of time unless you're wanting to do multiple heads (like dozens) and want to bring the per unit cost down.  If you want the best port job, you still need to finish a CNC job by hand, because CNC porting has to be quite conservative to avoid problems caused by core shift etc etc.

Looking for a shop either in Australia or New Zealand.

Thanks! will talk to Lewis Race engines and Knight Engines.

Yea I searched a few but some information seems outdated no longer in business or no recent job references thats why Im asking here.

On 8/7/2018 at 3:16 PM, etang789 said:

Looking for a shop either in Australia or New Zealand.

Thanks! will talk to Lewis Race engines and Knight Engines.

Yea I searched a few but some information seems outdated no longer in business or no recent job references thats why Im asking here.

In NZ Robbie from RIPS has a rock solid track record building his own and customer's engines. Does a lot of exporting - builds cars for English Premier League players (so not bargain basement builds) but worth getting a quote:

https://www.ripsracing.com/

• 4 weeks later...