SAU Community

Clutch suggestions

sergi_dee

Hi guys and girls,

So in the market of buying a twin plate as single plates aren’t rated to the power I am making. Car is making 400kw at the rear. I 3a7fae4e-1b8a-4d62-95e5-4998f3463302.jpgHaven’t heard good things about xtreme and exedy is 2500+.Also heard clutchs from Japan don’t give warranty. I’m happy to pay between 1500-2k for a new one. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Cheers

Pic for attention

The Nismo twins are the usual first suggestion around here.  Not sure about your budget though.  I think once you decide you have to spend more than ~$750 for a clutch, you just pay as much as you have to to get the right clutch.  $2.5k at Just Jap.

Edited by GTSBoy

NPC do a twin plate that is supposed to be good. A friend had one in his R33 and raved about it i have an NPC single and wouldnt run any other single plate. No dramas and good support

I just went through this.  Ended up getting a Nismo Coppermix twin from RHD Japan.  Very happy.  I had an Exedy twin in it before that.  Wasn't a big fan and it didn't last, even with only 245rwkw.

There’s a lot of different opinions even from local mates. Has anyone tried the exedy triple plate as they’re pricey on rhd but still cheaper then the exedy twin plates from dealers. I kind of want to have it future proof aswell seeing as the power mods won’t stop where they’re at the moment

• 4 weeks later...

If you're in the Sydney area (which I believe you are) go visit Scott at Western Clutch. 

He can mix and match new clutch parts to suit your requirements. He has all the clutch pressure plate load testing tools so he's able to modify your clamp depending on your requirements and future power goals. 

He's put together a circuit clutch for me in the past when the car was making 372kW and the same clutch is still in the car. I suspect it won't handle the new turbo setup though lol. 

Yeah down in Wollongong man. I am going to go ahead with a triple or quad plate os giken what’s everyone thoughts? How’s Scott’s pricing with the clutch’s? I’ve heard good things about npc. I’m making 400kw now but plan to go more so I want it extra future proof lol

42 minutes ago, sergi_dee said:

Yeah down in Wollongong man. I am going to go ahead with a triple or quad plate os giken what’s everyone thoughts? How’s Scott’s pricing with the clutch’s? I’ve heard good things about npc. I’m making 400kw now but plan to go more so I want it extra future proof lol

Scott is good with pricing, I initially had a NPC clutch that I put in but whoever owned the car before me installed the wrong throw out bearing carrier when they installed some eBay special clutch and it kept riding the clutch - which prematurely destroyed it.

So Scott re-used my NPC pressure plate and reduced the clamp load down to 1.7 tons and installed a xtreme disc with new bearings, new carrier, replaced my clutch fork (old one was fractured) even changed my rear main seal and if I remember was under $900 for all that work (including parts).

That is service.