SAU Community

Fuel economy

Nissanfreak1

That's pretty bad milage... I get about 500km on my S2 Turbo Auto Stagea and I do put my foot down occasionally. The O2 Sensor is the cheaper part to replace first but I would say the AFM may be playing up as that's pretty much double the fuel you should be using...

Check your spark plugs too.

PEC O2 sensors I've found we're good for my Skyline and Stagea. Stagea now runs around 12.5L/100km with a new O2 sensor and NGK spark plugs and my R33 Turbo Sedan is 8.5L/100km at best. But usually 9L/100km. It went from 15L/100km to 9L/100km just from getting a new O2 sensor from PEC Online.

And measure your fuel consumption in l/100km. Your gauge could be wrong...not even sure what 250km per tank means. If you are heavy footed and drive mostly in the city racing from light to light you could use a lot of gas.

1. Full tank the car (with 98 RON petrol)

2. Drive around normally for 200 km

3. Full tank the car again, record how many litres you put in

4. Divide that litres reading by 2, post it here

5. Look for air leaks in the intake, search for "AFM solder fix" in this forum and follow that guide (get a spare AFM while you're at it), inspect/change oxygen sensor if you haven't already (as GTSBoy mentioned).

There could be other things, you haven't mentioned any mods done to the car (engine related).

For reference, my Subaru wagon does 10-13L/100km depending on driving (2.5L turbo manual).

My C34 Stagea with a big turbo would do 15L/100 round town if pushed regularly or 12 taking it easy. On a trip at a steady 110 with the odd passing burst about 9L/100km

At the track would empty the tank in minutes (only slight exaggeration).