SAU Community

R33 GT-R Preservation Society

4 hours ago, ActionDan said:

Jesus christ Benny, this is getting out of hand. Please put down the pipe. 

A few of us are aware of the real condition of your car, so please stop making out like the photos you posted are current and accurate. It's fine to love your car, warts and all, but this banging on about 33s being the best thing ever has got to stop. 

I've owned a 33 and a 34, guess what they both suck for various reasons and are awesome for others. Each model is good and bad for various reasons, no different than any other series of cars in history.  

Dan, you haven't even seen the car in the flesh, stop listening to a bunch of art agents.

It's a Grade 4.5, less than 5 have gone through Japan in the past year with that rating. The pictures I posted were some of the last as the car left Japan. Rigoli/Insight can attest to it's condition. TRP: "It's literally one the best one we have seen in a long time, we can't believe the condition its in". Do you understand how many cars they see? Go call them up and ask them about it seeing as you SAU'ers love your gossip. Next time it's up there I will take photos. Has it got some small speckles of surface rust, yep, every f**king GT-R does, even my S15  does. 2 x Panel beaters inspected and confirmed the car for original paint, no accident damage and found no sign of anything needing fixing. They actually both said I was stupid for even bringing the car there and paying to inspect, they told me they will not let me spend any money on it and LEAVE AS IS. I will give you there phone number too. I'm not even going to entertain BBQ warriors. It lived in Tokyo it's entire life and was meticulously maintained by a nutter who spent lots of $$$ on it.

So go get a brand new car is you expect any better, it's not Grade 5.

So, I'm listening to world class workshops rather than anyone else, and I know the car is a gem. Don't care what people with no mechanical background think.

2 hours ago, BakemonoRicer said:

Oh look, head light bracket has surface rust MLR, car is a write off  ?

rDucvgt.jpg

L8gwmWS.jpg

When is this beastie getting finished?

As for the rust, better the headlight bracket than the strut towers.

1 hour ago, BakemonoRicer said:

Yep strut towers in the R33 A1 condition as well

Y72wV4x.jpg

Nice

Not many clean shells around

I went looking a while ago when I didn't know what car to get next, lots of rusty GTR's out there.

Time spent in the cold areas of J are really starting to take their toll.

5 hours ago, BakemonoRicer said:

Oh look, head light bracket has surface rust MLR, car is a write off  ?

Heres a pic just for the bbq warriors & art dealers Benny. 

What ECU does this big spec GTR run? 

Im sure the blokes that help build and tune the tilton evo and the various other "fastest cars in the world" were blown away by your 257kw -7 build quality mate? 

Im sure they were blown away by the fact they had to wind the cas back to pull some ignition timing on your car because they couldnt do so via the ECU?

Im sure they were blown away by the 1 "pearl white" mirror on your otherwise flat white GTR also? 

IMG-20190106-WA0031.jpg

• Like 1

As I said to you Benny, I think your importer has a lot to answer for.

Worst still is cars often look worse in the metal, pics and lighting can easily and unintentionally hide lots of blemishes. That's why they should inspect in person.

No engine number? Rust? Grade 4.5? Wtf.

Love your car, it's yours and you will make it awesome, but please stop trying to make it out to be some rare gem.

As I already said, my car was arguably a lot cleaner and visually more appealing than yours and not one tuner/mechanic said anything remotely special about it. They see this shit all day.

Nobody is telling anyone an average car is anything special unless they are trying to blow smoke up your arse and sell products/services.

#staywokebro

Micko & Dan. Another two classic art agents who havent even seen the car. The car was never booked in to be tuned because its getting the KV8 treatment. We pulled out timing as a quick way to make it safe until then. Might as well get your dented Evo fixed while youre at it mate. Care to post your deregistration certificate and auction sheet from Japan for proof of km's too? 

I'm usually down with "it", am across most memes but wtf is an art agent lol 

Anyway, I won't post my dereg and auction sheets as I do not own the car anymore, I do have them though (and the additional paid report I got) and I can safely say based on just that 1 picture that it was in better condition than yours yet at no point did I claim the car was pristine. I usually spent more time focusing on the blemishes and issues I wanted to address.

I also didn't start a thread about a preservation society for "pristine" cars when I don't own one, maybe also why Mick'o hasn't made such claims if he's got a dented blemished Evo? Not all of us are trying to present a false image some of us just tell it like it actually is. 

From my previous.

"Love your car, it's yours and you will make it awesome, but please stop trying to make it out to be some rare gem."

You'
re only catching heat because you're going way over the top. You could've posted a build thread and shared the honest view of the good and bad on the car, your plans and hopes and you would've had 99% of people onboard, we love a GT-R build. Except maybe Fatz, who just wants you to blow it up so he can buy it cheap and strip it. 

47 minutes ago, ActionDan said:

Wtf Who's painting over rust? 

You.  Plus, I know exactly why you won't post the sheets, and your car had a new front end which was a different colour FFS Dan. 

Anyway, I haven't had time for the build thread. In time it will be updated.