SAU Community

First Skyline Ride

My first ride in a Skyline that I can remember was in an automatic R32 GTS4 a few years ago.

My impression? Highly disappointed. I couldn't believe it was a turbocharged 6cyl that was (trying) to push it. Handled well though, and nice to drive on the open road. Sounded nice too :) I haven't really got over my grudge for RB20DET GTS4s since either.... I had been in a lot of pretty modified V8s etc at this time though, and had high expectation based on what I had seen GT-Rs doing, and also from hooning around in a 300hp turbo Commodore :headspin:

I had a ride in an N/A auto r33 that I was considering buying (for 17k$ - thank god i didn't). Also had a test ride in my car (my dad drove cuz i was still without my license). I had also been taken for a spin in a mates R33 GTS-T.

First drive was in my car on the way home from the dealers. Felt great to drive (considering the only other manual I had driven was my driving instructors mazda 323) and was very forgiving on my initial bad gear changes :)

family friend who has far too much money to burn (it aint fair dammit!!!) bought a light modded series 1 r33 gst-t. got to gork at it stupidly and dream about owning one when ever he came round. anyways, one day he came round, and said those magical three words i always wanted him to say....heres the keys. look after it for a few weeks while i go to america. me and my mums mouths both turned into a huge grin and as soon as he left, we got in it and away we went. first impression getting into the car was the interior, pretty bland, but comfortable and functional. loved how low ya sit in it. then the oppurtunity arose. long straight backroads with little traffic round the weir(people in albury will know where im talkin bout) time to put the boot into it and see how she went. put the foot down, pushed into the backseat and all i could do was just laugh and smile. thats when i knew i must have one. Oh and also the amount of heads they seem to turn, its bloody great for the ego!! haha

My first ride in one was with my dad driving on a small backroad in a '96 R33 GTST that we later bought :) ... my intial impressions were that it had heaps more power then what we were getting out of it and that the handling was sharp and precise. Very impressed.

I drove it for the first time today and i must say it's a VERY nice car to drive.

first ride is my mate Rice R33 gts-t. Full bodykit but only exhaust mod. He drive it like a rice car too (slow and gentle) so it didn't impress me too much.

then i had a ride in an auto with light mod and i smile when it come on boost!

i tell myself i want one and get hook with turbo nissan since :)

My first skyline ride was in the one i bought :( Took it for a ride. Was stuck in my seat. Then i drove my mates stock one, just didnt cut it :). All the power gets to your head :)

Had a ride in a mates R33 GTS25t... Actually I had a DRIVE in a mates R33 (Brett33 on here) turned out of the driveway onto a private road (yeah right) and he said "get up it".

Those three words cost me $7,000 each to buy a Skyline of my own.

Same here... first ride in a skyline was when I picked up mine from the compliancers... a bit of a leap of faith buying one without driving it, but I got in it, set off the new alarm twice, got it started, bunnyhopped out of the driveway, following the complaincer's car (he was leading me to Main Roads), got to T intersection on a dual carriage way, eased it on, turned wheel right, went to about 70% throttle, suddenly realizing I was no longer in my Vitara and the howling noise and smoke and watching where we were going out of the left passenger window... a brave new world. :)

Actually, that's my first 33 drive. My bad. My first *EVER* skyline drive was an NA 2.5L R32. Was nice, but bank hadn't given me the cash yet. Sold to some guy who's on these forums somewhere. i think he's hurt the poor thing badly, from all reports.

First ride and drive in a 'line was in a friend's largely-stock 33 GTS-t. I was really impressed with the way the turbo 6 delivered it's power. It felt almost like a NA engine with a whallop at the top-end.

I had been in and driven a modded 180SX before driving my friend's 'line. But there was something about the 'line that I liked and now I have my own :(; albeit mine's a 32...

:)

First ride was in a r32 gtst with modified comp from Japan...First couple of croners didnt give it any, then my mate said to me (with the owner in the car as well :)) give it some stick at the next straight in second....

I swear it was like the closest thing to riding my 2 stroke 250 RZ Yamaha road bike power wise...It just got up and went :) Power all over once the turbs kicked in :( Exact same as the bike, except the bike revved to 12k rpm (power band kicked in at 6k rpm)