SAU Community

Oil cooler kit - Suit GTR and GTST/GTT

Scotsman

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scotsman,

I tried to deposit funds using your bank details but your BSB is not correct.

Would you please check and amend. I am now looking at the GTR kit with the blue hose as opposed to the braided. If we know what the weight of the kit is I can provide freight costs as well.

Freight will be $20 for eastern states, QLD, NSW (Assuming non rural areas)

Darwin and Perth will have to cop up $50

Melbourne people can either pickup from Meridian or arrange with me for pickup/delivery.

These are rough prices as each case will be individual. Because of location, size, weight etc.

For now just add these prcies, if there is any change left over I can put this back into peoples accounts.

maccattack - have changed post to include correct bsb and account. (I forgot the 06) Here it is again - 063245 0068 8564

Bepo - have asked Meridian about Supra's. Which use the same oil filter thread as skylines. This is a generic kit and only diff will be length of hose. We have prvisioned for the full kit to be mounted in the front bar passenger side which is 3.5m of hose. It may be best to take your car down to Meridian and ask, or you could use some string and do a dummy measure up to get the correct legths and let us know. Also your more than welcome to join in this group buy.

xfixiate - from what i've seen and been told the oil pressure doesn't drop significantly. It might drop slightly, but not that you'll notice. Also may relate to oil type more than anything. The one thing that needs to happen on install is the cooler should be filled with oil manually (1st time only) and turn the car over until pressure comes up.

Ronin09 - The 25 row cooler by itself is $477 instead of $321 and you will have to check if you can fit a height of 190mm (cooler) + 25mm (caps) + 20mm (fitting + hose) = 235mm

UAS sell an oil cooler with braided lines but WITHOUT the adapter to connect it (ie you get two braided lines and the cooler only) for $320. I don't know what the adaptor would cost but I think it would be cheaper than meridians. If you alreayd have a remote filter you could probably connect this up (assuming hoses were long enough) in place of one of the short hoses. Or get a filter block adapter

if you kitted up the Meridian option to the same spec as UAS (ie include the thermostat), you'd probably find UAS was cheaper:

UAS = $1150 Retail

Meridian = $438+825 = $1263 (at group buy price), $533+$1025=$1558 (retail)

I don't know whether the kit is good or not; UAS generally sell pretty good gear. You'd have to figure out dimensions and flow. Ring and ask them. I'm in Darwin so it's STD++ rates.

If people want to go elsewhere to get things, then thats fine, thats their choce and let them do it

Dont whore the thread about the MERIDIAN Group Buy, with options from other suppliers, its like posting your for sale item in someone else thread.

Its just a pain in the ass and confuses the issue for everyone concerned.

Can a mod for this section please clean it up as even im having trouble working it out with all this UAS stuff in there (not that UAS stuff is bad but this is a Meridian GB)

- ash

Ronin09 - The 25 row cooler by itself is $477 instead of $321 and you will have to check if you can fit a height of 190mm (cooler) + 25mm (caps) + 20mm (fitting + hose) = 235mm

Scotsman, thanks for that info. Will measure up and check when I get my car back later this week from panel shop. Am definitely interested.

Will let you know ASAP cheers.

scotsman

I spoke to toby today and he said when the numbers are right for the group buy that you should contact me and i can then call him to get the account detalis and what not.

he was still a bit shaded about the gts-t braided hose length for mounting behind the front bar on the drivers side.

You see i want the braided hose with proper screw fittings kit and he doesnt know what the lengths for the run of hose under the wall are.

He only knows the length if you cut a hole in the wall.The hose will run under not the through wall.like the gtr kit but not that length.

Where i want to mount it it will require arround 1.2 & 1.3 sepatrate metres of hose.Arround 2.5m in total which i think is good enough to run under the wall.

He also said that to use thermostat in australia was not needed at all unless you lived in an extreemely cold place where the temp was so cold that the cooler wouldnt need to be employed untill after the car has realy heated up.

In other word the consistency of the oil would be to thick when cold.Hardly protecting the engine at all.

Cheers.:D

I just added a little explanation to those of you who arnt in the know.

If anyone is unsure of where the cables are gonna run and how much they need, do a trial fit with some string or garden hose if avaliable (as will flex about the same) then measure it. In fact this would be a good idea anyway to confirm. I am going to be doing this with the GTR kit. But I don't own a GTS so...... yeah.

The cooler can be mounted anywhere. So if you have a specific spot you would like it to go. Measure it and let us know.

Dont whore the thread about the MERIDIAN Group Buy, with options from other suppliers, its like posting your for sale item in someone else thread. Its just a pain in the ass and confuses the issue for everyone concerned.

Can a mod for this section please clean it up as even im having trouble working it out with all this UAS stuff in there (not that UAS stuff is bad but this is a Meridian GB) - ash

1. I'm not selling anything, I'm a buyer(!) I'm "whoring" by invitation as I started the original Group Buy thread and was invited here.

2. The BIG BOLD MESSAGE has all the costs and options , in TWO blocks - ignore the one that starts with UAS. I've kept it up to date. It's the only place you'll see ALL THE MERIDIAN OPTIONS (I sourced them) as well as the UAS OPTIONS. If you're not sure about something, ask me nicely and I might help you. :throwup:

Meridian Motorsport Options at 10 August 2004:

Freight to: Perth Darwin $50, Eastern States $20

Payment Process:

- Send PM to Scotty and confirm prices, account, options, prices etc

- Deposit funds: Commonwealth Bank

Mr Christopher. R. Thomson BSB#: 063 245 Acc#: 0068 8564

Use your SAU nick as description field so he knows whose money it is.

#1 Standard Group Buy SUIT GTR:

Skyline - WITH remote filter WITH Oil Cooler WITHOUT thermostat suit GTR:

Braided Hose: Retail: $1025, SAU 1: $875, SAU 5+: $825

GAT push-lock: Retail: $935, SAU 1: $800, SAU 5+: $750

#2 Standard Group Buy SUIT GT-T and GTS-T:

Skyline - WITH Oil Cooler WITHOUT thermostat WITHOUT remote filter suit GT-T GTST

Braided Hose: Retail $650, SAU 1: $555, SAU 5+: $520

GAT push-lock: Retail $550, SAU 1: $465, SAU 5+: $440

Other Options/configurations:

a) Skyline - remote filter ONLY:[/b]

Braided Hose: Retail: $462.50, SAU 1: $405, SAU 5+: $390

GAT push-lock: Retail: $412, SAU 1: $365, SAU 5+: $350

b)Skyline - OPTION TO ADD THERMOSTAT to EXISTING OIL COOLER - includes extra fittings, you need to cut existing lines:[/b]

Braided Hose: Add Retail $533, SAU1 $469, SAU5+ $438

GAT push-lock: Add Retail $508, SAU1 $440, SAU5+ $415

FOR UAS PRICING REFER LOWER IN THREAD.

Thanks for clearing that up xfixiate. I was staring to confuse myself too.

Guys keep an eye on the very first post. This is where I am editing to show numbers and people who have paid. If your details are not there or are incorrect please PM me ASAP.

Anyone who is ready to buy please let me know ASAP as at least three people are confirmed and waiting. I would like to make the 1st round buy this Friday or Sat if possible.

Other payment methods include: Can be direct deposit into Meridian's account when we have five people, or you can give me your number and will call you when at Meridian to do credit card over the phone. Would prefer people deposit into my account to avoid confusion.

Furthur more to answer xfixiate in regards to the quality of both products.

I cant say for sure that it is a better product than UAS's. I haven't seen the UAS one in person, but from looking at the pic on their web site I believe most parts are identical in both kits (except UAS pic was 16 row and Meridian is 19 row) I think you would find that most parts in both kits come from the same place. What I can say is that this kit has been proven again and again on all types of track cars here in eastern melbourne. Plus the setup on Andrews R34 provides results that are outstanding considering the load he puts the car under.

I would say that at the end of the day you wont be disappointed. All the parts that come with the kit appear to be very well made and of the highest quality.

I believe the price we negotiated is very good for the quality of the product.

There should be no questions regarding the quality of the Meridian kit.

I would say they are at the least, the same quality as the Japanese kits.

The only problem is, there are no ready kits with the braided lines as no one went through the process before. If some one wants to copy the HKS style with the core inside passenger side fender, the size of the hoses on my kit are 190 and 235 cms. Both come with 90 degree bends on one end. You will have to make up the brackets for the core installation.

This is no drama if you are using the rubber hoses as they can be cut to size.

Yesterday i actually drove to Meridian Motorsport to test fit the oil cooler. Unfortunately for my car i can not locate the cooler in the optimum possition (driver's side, behind the front bar, on the bottom corner). This is due to the piping of my front mount ic. The next best location was between the ic and radiator. In this position, half cooler is exposed to free flowing air from the grill, the other half is behind the cooler. I beleive that this position is still very effective, thus i am more than happy to purchase the cooler.

I have taken a few pictures if your intercooler piping is the same as mine you will also have to mount the cooler in the same position.

The cost of the cooler for my car (and cars like mine) may increase slightly due to the extra 45degree bend connections.

Pictures are shown below.

Looks neat.Are you buying the kit one with the braided hose.

i thought that they came with the 45 degree peice so how much extra is it?

just a question are you able to buy the cooler kit at the group buy price yet or are you buying it at the sau price?

Cause all im waitimg on is confirmation that the group buy price is on and im there.

Good luck and cheers..........................................................................

Looks neat.Are you buying the kit with the braided hose.

just a question are you able to buy the cooler kit at the group buy price yet or are you buying it at the sau price?

Cause all im waitimg on is confirmation that the group buy price is on and im there.

Good luck and cheers..........................................................................

Looks neat.Are you buying the kit with the braided hose.

Yea, i really was impressed at the end of it and am more than happy with the product. I am not using braided lines as i am satisfied that the blue hose will be sufficant. They don't look as good, but i am not too fussed about that.

The original quote was using straight fittings. When we were playing around with fittings and positions we came to the conclusion that all connectors had to be 45deg's. The cost increase is only about $20, as angled fittings are more expensive.

Chris and Adam have already stated that they are purchasing the first batch tomorrow (Sat.), so get in touch with them, if you haven't.

I will be going to meidian tomorrow with Adz. To finalize a few things and get the rest of the bits I need for my kit. I want to trial fit mine before getting one for eveyone as I don't want there to be any unforseen issues. So i'll be the guinea pig.

First five confimed.

1. Scotsman

2. Adzmax

3. TrustR33

4. macattack

5. Al

First Five Group Buy Closed. Unless I recieve PM in next 48 Hrs.

Kits Received

1. Scotsman - All Done, installed and working

2. AdzMax - All Done, having issue with sandwich adapter

3. Al - Waiting on 2 x45 degree fittings

4. Macattack - should ship tomorrow

5. Trust R33 - waiting on confirmation

I will put up pics from my install soon.