SAU Community

GTR R32 4wd light wont come on with fuse out

(1993 skyline gtr) hey guys I know theres a million threads on 4wd not working but this ones a little weird. bought my car had no lights on dash but knew right away the 4wd wasn't working,(snow on ground easy to tell).  I traced it down to the g sensor code 13,  no big deal up to this point 4wd fixed. I got curious and pulled my 4wd fuse and turned the car on. I still have no 4wd light on my dash when I know my other gtr's in the past have put a light on dash with fuse out. ive been on the computer for 5 hours trying to find out why I cant get my light to come up on my dash even witht he 4wd fuse pulled.  hopefully someone can give some input, I live in Canada in an area where not much help with atessa system issues. need the boys to pull through here!

ill take the dash apart tonight and see maybe the light burnt out, or taken out by previous owner before the sale. should have checked the 4wd before I bought the car but oh well. will post a fix if I figure it out. I did fix the 4wd with a new g sensor. 

Problem fixed, I took off the gauge cluster and switched the oil pressure bulb and 4wd bulb and right away the 4wd light came on(I have the fuse pulled for 4wd cause I already fixed the actual 4wd issue even with burnt out light. Atessa flashed a code 13 easy fix g sensor. If need any help getting your cluster off or trouble shooting 4wd let me know I just did 6 hours of research on the site today and learnt a lot. Thanks guys for all the write ups I wouldn’t own this car without this site?

AFCF68D2-C370-492D-844B-C7BA9CE31CD5.jpeg

• Like 3

man that's  a great help I was gunna ask if someone can point me in the direction of some new bulbs. I didn't find the cluster that hard to remove at all so I just want to replace all my warning bulbs for now with standard oem ones if I can get them.  I like keeping the old girl as original as possible. My lights are super bright at night(cluster) I only think the bulb burnt out cause the 4wd light had been on for a very long time. again I want to replace all my warning bulbs in the cluster. if anyone knows where I can get standard bulbs to replace the oem warning signals that would be a great help!!

I have no issues with throwing the led ones in for now as again no problem taking out cluster.  will the led lights work in the warning bulb locations without issue?

Edited by MoMnDadGTR

its a 93 gtr but yeah same as an 89ish.  and ill tell you its a hell of a lot more complicated than other obd1 cares ive had in the past. nothing like a gtr but my 96 type r and 98 mk4 weren't half as complicated as a GTR. its my third GTR still learning lots. I'm Never to proud to keep learning from knowledgeable members like yourself. thanks again.

I meant compared to newer cars, with surface mounted diodes on printed circuit boards; a body control module controlling your interior lights, etc.

Not sure why you're so aggressive, and have to boast about having multiple GT-Rs. Like I said, they're late 1980's cars, just crack (not literally) them open and have a look.

I'd also throw in a headlight relay harness/wiring while you're at it, the standard circuit is shit.

ahhh sorry not an aggressive guy at all and definitely appreciate your help over this month.  I only own 1 gtr ive just had a few in the past. I have nothing to brag about I live in a tiny house and barely have enough to even get by but we do what we can as we love cars in the family.  didn't mean to come across like that at all m8. and I have done the headlight relay and added day time running lights.  niZmO_Man has been a great help much appreciated.

ya I live in a small town in Canada with no mechanical support for skylines at all so this site has been huge for me very thankful. ive been on the site for 10 years but never felt worthy to ad up an account as the boys on here are leaps ahead of my ability. cheers tho boys all is well. hammer down let that rb roar! 

Edited by MoMnDadGTR