SAU Community

R33 gtr brembos on r32 gtr

I recently purchased my first bnr32 and I am pumped!! It has nismo coilovers but otherwisebis pretty much stock. I will be adding power to it soon, and found a good deal on some r33 brembo calipers only. I have a few questions. I have searched ALOT but havent found an answer yet. 

1. What rotors do i use? Im wanting 2 piece rotors and want to know what to buy. 

2. What brake lines do i go with? Im wanting steel lines and dont know if i will need custom or not. 

3. What brake master cylinder? My car is a 94 and im pretty sure it has abs so im think the bm57? Will a 300zx one work or does it have to be an r33 or r32 one? 

Thank you for the help!

Well, this has kind of been covered here before, and I don't know where you are because you didn't fill in the location field of your profile....but answers are:

1. You need to move from 296mm rotor to 324mm rotor for r33/r34 gtr. eg DB5928 for 2 piece slotted.

2. Standard lines fit fine. R33/34 brembos were standard fitment on R32 vspec I and II models too.

3. Keep the standard master cylinder, it will be fine. 

You may need to trim or push back the backing plates behind the rotors, but otherwise that is a straight fit upgrade to an r32.

• Like 1

hey m8 mise well install a new set of pads while you got the caliper out. will last a very long time if so. might even be good time to have the calipers powder coated with a new Brembo decal keeping her clean! I wish I did this with mine before I got horny and just threw them on for 50 thousand km lol they have become faded and need a facelift. the backplate for caliper I had to cut a bit. here's a pic of mine installed with regas. took me 1.5 hour per side taking my time. 

• Thanks 1