SAU Community

MLR's Bogan cruise ship

2 hours ago, GTSBoy said:

Adrenalin glands, or adrenaline glans?

Fixed your post, spell check must have got you

LOL, well spotted by you, not the editor working for Holden 

9 hours ago, GTSBoy said:

No, it was a joke. They were "correct". I just feel that knob end is possibly closer to the target audience! 😛

You calling me a "Knob end"....

tumblr_inline_msc2oyHM301qz4rgp540.gif.d5d3877a87fd42423130480f4181c78b.gif

LOL

• 2 weeks later...

#kinkstaah you good looking rooster 

So, RaceTCS is installed and working as advertised, just to good, or, basically not set up right yet

First tyres tested were the 255/40 17 RS4's

The % of slip settings and the Max % fuel cut, all 6 set at 95% fuel cut are to aggressive for my driving "style" of mashing the pedal everywhere I go

Setting 1: min 3% Max 27% , nope even on a little stab it cuts hard

Setting 2: min 6% Max 31%, nope again

Setting 3: min 9% Max 34% still nope

Setting 4: min 12% Max 37%

Setting 5: min 15% Max 40%, bit better, but still aggressive

Setting 6: min 20% Max 50%, noticeably better but still cut aggressively with more throttle 

Can you have a squizz at the pic to give me some pointers?

What sort of settings do you run

Any tips in setting the min and Max for each Setting, or what % of fuel cut, I assume 95% fuel cut basically turns a V8 into a 1 cylinder, from my uneducated mind....shouldn't it be around 12.5%, which, again from the jumbled mind of Mark, should only drop 2 cylinders?

Disclaimer: I just did math in my head with the help of my fingers

Cheers :91_thumbsup:

20230724_160110.thumb.jpg.2810bc64f7b06b75dd0551cf366f9bd9.jpg

From: http://www.racetcs.com/files/RaceTCS V2 User manual.pdf

image.thumb.png.871f106021e038c0bfe19aa1fd08b73e.png

From: http://www.racetcs.com/files/RaceTCS V3 User manual.pdf

image.thumb.png.0af04ede8f19618a360f02c0fe7f700e.png

There's two versions, unsure if the actual hardware you have is different or whether you just have the older software.

The actual PDF describes what the functions do pretty well, so I'd just be retyping it. Your settings ARE different to the default (you've got a mix of V3 and V2 defaults?) which they put a disclaimer in saying that most people don't need to change them.

Interestingly, unlike the Racelogic which gives you actual misfire patterns to program in, the RaceTCS looks to use PID's (like an electronic boost controller) to program its interference with your powah.

Step 1 would be to go for a drive, log the wheel speeds, make sure they are actually reporting correctly (unsure if you have done this, it says in the documentation to do this too).

Step 0 would be to make sure you have the default settings for the piece of hardware you have, and the piece of software you have. From what I can read your assumption is correct, that 95% max cut means it'll cut at most, 95% of cylinder ignition events which as you would know makes the car run pretty sloppy lol.

I suspect what is happening is the PID settings are incorrect and the system is cutting 95% of power when it should be trying to cut 5% of power, or a wheel speed sensor is doing weird things, and you have a scenario where you have three wheel speed sensors reading 40kmh, and one wheel speed sensor reading 197kmh, or 0kmh, and you need to confirm this isn't happening first :D, and make sure EACH WHEEL IS ACTUALLY THE CORRECT WHEEL. The easiest way to do that is to go around a roundabout and make sure your outer wheels are reading a couple of kmh higher than your inner wheels. If you're breaking traction and the system thinks it's your front left doing a skid then everything is going to be quite upset.

• Like 2

I'll take the car out this arvo for some logs

I sent a email this morning to the RaceTCS website and they got back already

They require a file of my configurator to see what version and some logs

Although I believe I do have the latest firmware thingie

Arrrrggggg....computa stuff

It actually looks pretty simple to pull logs though

Hopefully it as simple as sending logs then uploading the changes they recommend 

It's not so much firmware. There's two entire versions of the software. Perhaps (?) there is versions of the hardware too. Your numbers don't match the defaults that are in either version. You gotta start from a correct baseline before doing anything else :D

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kinkstaah said:

It's not so much firmware. There's two entire versions of the software. Perhaps (?) there is versions of the hardware too. Your numbers don't match the defaults that are in either version. You gotta start from a correct baseline before doing anything else :D

I've sent a file of the configurator and a couple of logs to Jacek from RaceTCS 

He said with those files he can sort it all out

Fingers crossed

I am sure he will man, but having the menu structure from the V2 app with V3 settings jammed in there should be fun. Obviously I'm curious to see how this all turns out. How did the logs look? Are your wheels following the laws of physics?

1 hour ago, Kinkstaah said:

I am sure he will man, but having the menu structure from the V2 app with V3 settings jammed in there should be fun. Obviously I'm curious to see how this all turns out. How did the logs look? Are your wheels following the laws of physics?

Sortware and stuff is fine apparently 

I need to reset the "pid" and change the voltage in the configurator to start with

He want me to turn off the TC and log doing a skid to start with

There was an area he wants to look at where the wheel speed went up, but not the revs

Once we get the that checked off there will be more logged pulls with different settings on the TC

Then, test and adjust 

The support I'm getting from Jacek at RaceTCS is really good, typically same day reply

Cheers

• Like 1

Nice car, Mark!!

My dad has one of these, it’s a lot of fun! He’s had it for 20 years and cannot bring himself to sell it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Liz said:

Nice car, Mark!!

My dad has one of these, it’s a lot of fun! He’s had it for 20 years and cannot bring himself to sell it.

Maaaaate, they are great thing for cruising around, so comfortable, and having 5 usable seats and a big boot is great, plus V8 noises sound cool to my old ears

Whilst they are not everyone's cup of tea, and I only really got it as something as a "in-between fun cars thing", now, a few years later, I have no intention of getting rid of it

I enjoy looking at 100x more than the 2015 WRX I had, but I do miss my 86 that I drove into a guard rail, backwards, at speed

Not saying I'm not looking for something new, but, when I try to justify the change, nothing else really ticks the boxes like the Bogan Cruise Ship does

I think I would actually sell my Harley before the VX

I am picking up the old (2008) Yaris YRS I got for my daughter when her new Cerato GT turns up, the Yaris will be my local daily hack, the V8 does love fuel, and I hate parking the VX at the shops or driving it in the rain

Updated Configurator has been sent by RaceTCS

I'll upload it in the morning and "test" it tomorrow 

I thanked Jacek for his help and time, he said no issue and to keep sending logs till it's perfected

Tomorrows conversation;

Police: "I've pulled you over because you took off really fast and did a skid"

Me: "Yeah Nah, it's all right, RaceTCS told me to do it" :10_wink:

• Like 2

Updated Configurator was dropped in and launching was done

Settings were better, it wasn't "horrible" at WOT in 1st and 2nd, but still a bit aggressive and noticeable 

I logged a setting 6 on the street tyres and a pull from stopped through 1st, 2nd into 3rd, setting 6 lets most amount of slip in the current slip settings, and sent it off to Jacek 

I did also tell him I'm happy to lay "some" rubber in 1st and 2nd at WOT in setting 6 on the street tyres, currently I cannot really feel any wheel spin that would really concern me as the TC kicks in real quick

When I'm happy with they street tyre settings I will see how it goes with drag radials at the "strip"

The plan, if I haven't already mentioned it already, (blame my little fun sized stroke I had 2 years ago) is settings 4-5-6 will be for street tyres, settings 1-2-3 for the drag radials 

So far so good, test and adjust, test and adjust 

Shiny shiny

20230729_143029.thumb.jpg.a38c45282130c6bfa333f6d1034ee3a3.jpg

• Like 6

On 7/29/2023 at 3:29 PM, The Bogan said:

I did also tell him I'm happy to lay "some" rubber in 1st and 2nd at WOT in setting 6 on the street tyres, currently I cannot really feel any wheel spin that would really concern me as the TC kicks in real quick

Depends on what your traces show obviously, but in my application with 10% slip, you literally cannot feel any traction loss at all. There's no intervention feeling, and you don't feel like you've lost it, even though technically you are doing a skid. It does feel like you somehow don't have as much power, but that's because you don't have as much tyre as you could :D

• Like 1

New settings have already arrived :91_thumbsup:

Min and Max slip settings were raised a bit and Max fuel cut was lowered a bit in all settings

I'll load them in and do some testing tomorrow 

I am really happy with the RaceTCS and the support I'm getting

• Like 2