SAU Community

MLR's Bogan cruise ship

Took out the Cruise Ship for a, um...., cruise

Started early, 0645, Heathcote Road, Princess Hwy, Gong, and then back along the coast and through Nasho, then down to Cronulla beach, ended up coming home via the M5

Fun little drive, apart from one group of push bikes in the Nasho, doing 30kmph in some of the uphill twisties is was "smoooooth sailing"

It is all tucked up into bed now, so....stop......Yaris time

22 hours ago, The Bogan said:

Took out the Cruise Ship for a, um...., cruise

Started early, 0645, Heathcote Road, Princess Hwy, Gong, and then back along the coast and through Nasho, then down to Cronulla beach, ended up coming home via the M5

Fun little drive, apart from one group of push bikes in the Nasho, doing 30kmph in some of the uphill twisties is was "smoooooth sailing"

It is all tucked up into bed now, so....stop......Yaris time

Mark, you must remember, cruise ships aren't built like jet boats... It's probably better you took it through there at 30kmh :P

PS, please keep chasing more power, and taking it to the drags. I want to see you make it able to do this....

https://www.facebook.com/reel/1050511186105137?mibextid=rS40aB7S9Ucbxw6v

if it can't lift the wheels at half track, it needs more power... :P

7 hours ago, MBS206 said:

Mark, you must remember, cruise ships aren't built like jet boats... It's probably better you took it through there at 30kmh :P

PS, please keep chasing more power, and taking it to the drags. I want to see you make it able to do this....

https://www.facebook.com/reel/1050511186105137?mibextid=rS40aB7S9Ucbxw6v

if it can't lift the wheels at half track, it needs more power... :P

Nah, it is perfect for what it is now 

More power will end up just being another car that breaks all the time and spends it's days, broken, waiting on parts, or in the workshop

I'm happy to just cruise around in it with the family

I'm an old bogan at heart, so cruising around Australia in a blown V8 Commodore gives me the joys

Waiting for it to get fixed because I am trying to get a PB, not so much, hell, that there reminds me of the Skyline, fix it, break it, spend more money to fix it and make it faster, break it, spend more money to fix it and make it faster, break it, spend more money to fix it and make it faster, break it, totally drop my show bags and end up hating the car to the point of selling it, nope, not again

I did come close to going full retard with it though, solid rear, T400, build engine, more boosters, but after having a good hard think, I gave myself a uppercut, it would just end up like the Skyline, a sometimes car that had the tendency to break

I'll let you take the reigns with your build

• Like 2

Lost a hub cap on the Yaris, somewhere.....

I've found that people want way to much for some used OEM alloys, even a set was mildly guttered and had old worn tyres was $500, fark that

So, Facebook Marketplace "rebuild"

The Yaris is basically a VL BT1 now

20231020_153027.thumb.jpg.54ddc25daff6f8c6665b958587bf428d.jpg20231020_153018.thumb.jpg.93ae284174113e23f89ee07273064ed9.jpg

LOL 

Yes, it does need new tyres, that's a job for next week

Also, because "why not", some fresh trans fluid and filter for the "big block" Yaris, I'm just dropping the pan though as I couldn't be arsed flushing it properly 

16977766807803658936375959975777.thumb.jpg.42cf2aee138859664103c91850f57f17.jpg

Time for the second coat of race car silver

And because I'm a consumer 

Some "hektic" black steel wheel nuts (+10hp)

Screenshot_20231020_202210_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.0cfb7f17e102414da9a30479d4050778.jpg

If there "not-shit" I might get some for the Bogan mobile 

For $24 bucks delivered next week they are worth the risk

• Like 1

The Yaris's transmission is basically rebuilt, well.... new fluid and filter anyways, and slightly overfilled, so perfect.

Also order the new tyres for it today, the old ones were 7 years old and toast, so instead of just getting some fresh random cheapo's I got "cheapish"  195/60 15 RE003's on a buy 3 get the 4th free deal, get them fitted tomorrow, so basically race slicks to keep the 80 kwat....engine, in check

And because I'm a idiot consumer, I got a 22mm Whiteline rear sway bar, "apparently" it helps alot with the thing wallowing around in corners and roundabouts going to the shops to get groceries 

I even washed it today, and by wash I mean hit it with the gernie foamer with some wash and wax in it, then pressure washed it, then wiped it over with a old T-shirt, perfect 

• Like 1

:38_worried: I believe my cheapo ebay alternator is kaput, fluctuating around 12.2v at the battery when running, and on the scanner it fluctuates between 11.4 and 13v

I'm going to invest in a quality one this time, there isn't alot of difference in the price, and I should of went quality first up, instead of being a bum and trying to save $50

Also, because I'm a idiot consumer, I'm pulling the pin to get the Harrop Gilmer rear drive for the blower, why you may ask, #moreblowerwhinenoises

I'm going to stay the same 1:1 ratio though as the car makes enough power as it is for the street

There is a 1.14:1 ratio available to up the boost, but that would just make my transmission and drivetrain hate life even more than now

I'm just after proper voltage, and more whining noises for the LOLS

• Like 1

Because I'm a lazy SOB, I got Autotech to pick up a genuine Mitsubishi 140amp alt, and....... the last rear gilmer drive that Harrop had in stock, so no waiting for them to spin up some new stock

Fingers crossed it arrives this week, and it gets fitted up before the SAU NSW Kebab cruise I want to do on 18 Nov. (I'm a sucker for a good Kebab)

I'm also hoping the old alternator doesn't drop it's showbags on the 45 minute drive to the workshop, it is staying on the maintenance charger till I take it to Autotech 

Otherwise the NRMA will get another phone call for a tow, I tell you what, I'm getting my monies worth out of my "ultimate car package" with this thing :8_laughing:

• Like 2

45min you should be OK if you start with a full battery and it is not raining or night (headlights).....I managed to drive the stagea about 55min to the middle of nowhere when I discovered alternator was dead.

Plus, that was that time we were leading the wakefield 500 by almost a lap at hour 5....when the battery finally gave up since the alternator had been dead for ages. "we was robbed!!"

• Like 1

The difference a OK set of tyres and the rear swaybar has made is astounding

Whilst it is as slow as 10 slow things acceleration wise, it now handles corners exceptionally well, no more wallowing around corners, and super settled in change of direction

It is now the perfect, cheap to run, little daily that shoots through corners on the way to and from work like a champion

It's no i20N, but that is a story for another time

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, robbo_rb180 said:

Sounds good

Fits the theme of the car, it needs them

I will need to black out the HSV stitching though, apart from that I really like them, and my 22 year old seats are starting to show a bit of bolster wear

Cost is significant though at a smidge over $4k