SAU Community

MLR's Bogan cruise ship

10 hours ago, The Bogan said:

To many issues and cost when you look into getting it to a reliable street car that is easily registered and insured

I'm looking at something small, cool and fun that just works straight out of the box

The Bogan Cruise Ship is my modified car that could possibly have issues at the drop of a hat

For my sanity I only really need 1 modified car in my life

I hear you! Been thinking about this a lot actually and I fully agree. Been wanting to get a second car that my partner can drive as well. But if I'm spending money on a car it has to be something that is fun to drive. And I already have a big old boosted boat so want something light and nimble. Pretty high on my list is the Honda S660.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_S660

Modern Honda so hopefully reliable, small, light-weight, high-ish revving 6 speed manual. Rear wheel drive. They are slow but apparently heaps of fun. And Jen loves the look of them. We see them every now and then around here.

Main concern is that it's tiny and I might not fit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Duncan said:

And he is a dirty liar....that accord has mods now too....

To be fair, is a header, K&N air filter and flash tune really classed as "mods"?

2 hours ago, PranK said:

Seriously? I mean, where does it end?

It's a sickness

STOP PARTS SHAMING ME..... I'M SENSITIVE.......😪🤣

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, The Bogan said:

To be fair, is a header, K&N air filter and flash tune really classed as "mods"?

It's a sickness

STOP PARTS SHAMING ME..... I'M SENSITIVE.......😪🤣

Some people would call that a “full build”

• Haha 1

So, whilst the Bogan Cruise Ship is GTG, and I had organised some time today to go on the SAU NSW cruise, my best laid plans where kicked in the balls, well, kicked in my right knee to be exact

Now, after a bit of arthroscopic "honing" and tibial band lengthening "modifications" , I'm sitting on a couch in a prescription induced drug haze, watching 5hit on the Youtubes and falling in and out of consciousness......good times

PXL_20240223_030948850.thumb.jpg.747e21ae783a0f0a69956e6cc84b4b1e.jpg

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bogan Cruise Ship is all washed and shiny, so I can drive down to Goulburn tomorrow to get covered in bugs, me and the daughter will then head into Canberra for some lunch and shopping

As for the Honda, it has had a clutch birthday at BYP (clutch, pressure plate, little bit of flywheel action, spigot bush, new fork, thrust bearing, and while they were in there a fresh rear main seal, and a new timing chain tensioner)

Noticeable difference rowing gears at 7750 rpm, cuts shifts like a hot knife through butter

Thought about throwing a Torsen LSD in the gear bag, but didn't, which is unlike me with my "while we're sort of in there" mentality

Did some chatting with BYP IRT how strong the Honda engines, boxes and clutches are, IIRC they said they run some race cars with the stock K25Z3 engines and 6 speed boxes, even some with a little bit of boost

I also asked how hard it would be to fit a little spooly boy that gives me another 100 hp and some dose for LOLS............. Not hard or that expensive really after chatting........🤪

Note to self: when having a quickish take off ensure that the traction control is off, as when it activates it cuts all power for what seems like about 3 seconds, I had the initial jump on a 8th gen Civic Type R until it decided to cut all of my powers when it single pegged, which gave Mark the instant sads

New, "budget for the LOLS", possibly incoming for some Honda boost stuff...... and a LSD 🤪

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

Somewhere in the past in this or another thread, I said, "And so it begins".

It's a sickness 🤡, don't judge me, I'm a sensitive clown

1 hour ago, Kinkstaah said:

You could skip all of this silliness and put a V8 in from the start. You know where this ends :D

Finally a use for all those FWD GM V8s!

Edited by GTSBoy
  • Haha 1

On 3/8/2024 at 4:48 PM, The Bogan said:

Bogan Cruise Ship is all washed and shiny, so I can drive down to Goulburn tomorrow to get covered in bugs, me and the daughter will then head into Canberra for some lunch and shopping

As for the Honda, it has had a clutch birthday at BYP (clutch, pressure plate, little bit of flywheel action, spigot bush, new fork, thrust bearing, and while they were in there a fresh rear main seal, and a new timing chain tensioner)

Noticeable difference rowing gears at 7750 rpm, cuts shifts like a hot knife through butter

Thought about throwing a Torsen LSD in the gear bag, but didn't, which is unlike me with my "while we're sort of in there" mentality

Did some chatting with BYP IRT how strong the Honda engines, boxes and clutches are, IIRC they said they run some race cars with the stock K25Z3 engines and 6 speed boxes, even some with a little bit of boost

I also asked how hard it would be to fit a little spooly boy that gives me another 100 hp and some dose for LOLS............. Not hard or that expensive really after chatting........🤪

Note to self: when having a quickish take off ensure that the traction control is off, as when it activates it cuts all power for what seems like about 3 seconds, I had the initial jump on a 8th gen Civic Type R until it decided to cut all of my powers when it single pegged, which gave Mark the instant sads

New, "budget for the LOLS", possibly incoming for some Honda boost stuff...... and a LSD 🤪

If you'd have fitted that LSD when you did the clutch, you probably wouldn't need to worry about shutting the traction control off...

See, we're all supportive here... Supporting/enabling, same same, yeah?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Went for a drive in a work mates new car, now I want a new BRZ TS..... exactly like this....yeap, here we go again, not sure on which colour, his was white, but I want a "real" colour, I am thinking red, because red is faster......LOL

download.thumb.png.7c57350f16a1f8ea2673b606b1aa0cd9.png

download(1).thumb.png.ed30d46204caa3e2da2e099eb2cee573.png

4 minutes ago, robbo_rb180 said:

The blue and slate grey are nice.

The new 86/brz is so much better than old one. So what turbo kit you going?? 

I kinda like the red, it "sort of" reminds me of my old orange one I loved

20180902_171812.jpg.0151a66b557334de5efa374906701f90.thumb.jpg.1470ce6e6423f40377ad54f8046549d8.jpg

As for a turbo, nah, I'll keep it stock, well....maybe just a cat back, and intake, and some wheels, and probably a tune......LOLOLOLOLOL

I'm going to chat to my broker and see what he can do for me 

Good news is the Minister for War and Finances is onboard 

• Haha 1

My brother from another mother, and probably about the same age

Road test starts at 07:45. The road looks amazing, apart from the random traffic consisting or cars, trucks and motorbikes 

• Like 1