SAU Community

Hi guys, long time reader but new member of sau. A very bad thing happened today. I crashed my 33 gtst. Can anyone weigh in on the pics regarding repair/insurance write off? Its only insured for 10k...  

20200724_171411.jpg

20200724_171356.jpg

Screenshot_20200724-191714_Pixlr.jpg

Screenshot_20200724-191606_Pixlr.jpg

Will probably be repairable write off. Buy it back and fix yourself? Reo for sure. Radiator support will need pulling, new bonnet, new radiator, new condenser. The list goes on.

Edited by trel

The radiator support is badly distorted.  Appreciate the responses.  Im devastated, iv owned the car for 8 years and the last few months have put a lot of time and money into general restoration. Just had the front end resprayed ?‍♂️

Cheers 

Edited by ConR33
Misinterpret

Doesn't look too bad. Stress to your insurer that you would prefer repair. Otherwise try to strike a deal to purchase back and repair privately. Hope it all works out good for you.

That's nothing, a good panel beater can easily pull it back into place.

If you're fussy, find a new radiator support. I personally would just pull it all into place add a few more spot welds for strength and spend the change on a better radiator, hoses, FMIC and a Samsonas.

1 hour ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

That's nothing, a good panel beater can easily pull it back into place.

If you're fussy, find a new radiator support. I personally would just pull it all into place add a few more spot welds for strength and spend the change on hookers and coke.

FYP

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, TurboTapin said:

That's far from a right off. You're good to go. 

Not a write off in damage sense, but add up all the parts needed for a japanese IMPORT... and that's still not including labour. For 10k value the repairs will be 5k+ guaranteed with the way panel beaters add the sauce these days most insurance companies will say f**k it, write it off. 

1 hour ago, trel said:

Not a write off in damage sense, but add up all the parts needed for a japanese IMPORT... and that's still not including labour. For 10k value the repairs will be 5k+ guaranteed with the way panel beaters add the sauce these days most insurance companies will say f**k it, write it off.

My post from earlier was >>50% of car value at the time. All insurers are different. That was with Just Car at the time, they were perfectly willing to pay to repair it at the fraction of insured value that it was at, but would have struggled to justify if it became any more expensive. Shannons, being another even more "classic & unusual" insurers, would and should be just as willing.

I will caveat my statement though. My repair was not at fault, even though it was front end damage like (but much worse than) the OP's. So my insurer was working for me and my interests and was willing to put up a fight against the other party's insurer to make them pay. If the OP's to blame for his damage, then he might not get treated quite as nicely.

6 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

My post from earlier was >>50% of car value at the time. All insurers are different. That was with Just Car at the time, they were perfectly willing to pay to repair it at the fraction of insured value that it was at, but would have struggled to justify if it became any more expensive. Shannons, being another even more "classic & unusual" insurers, would and should be just as willing.

I will caveat my statement though. My repair was not at fault, even though it was front end damage like (but much worse than) the OP's. So my insurer was working for me and my interests and was willing to put up a fight against the other party's insurer to make them pay. If the OP's to blame for his damage, then he might not get treated quite as nicely.

That's where it gets fugly. That looks 100% a "glancing at my stereo or a nice set of tits" love tap.