SAU Community

V35 300GT Front & Rear brake pads.

Hey all,

So I'm looking to get my front and rear brake pads changed. I have purchased a set of Bendix Ultra Premium Disc Brakes - DB1509UP (from supercheapauto as they were suggested), but they only had 2 in stock. I've not been able to find much information on whether or not my 2004 Skyline 300GT V35 Sedan uses the same size front or rear brake pads other than 1 forum post saying they're almost identical in size with the exception of about 2mm. My questions are...
Is there a different size of brake pads I need for the front and rear?
Can i use my premium pads for the front and maybe a cheaper brand for the back (assuming same size)? Considering there was a discount however that went away the day after I bought the 2 in stock.
Or should I get the same brand for all 4?
Would it be fine if I return those brakes and buy a cheaper set? I'm a calm driver and don't drive too often, so if I could save a bit without it being integral to its performance than that would be nice. 

Thanks.

Edited by Arsenal01

8 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Avoid Benshit, overpriced for what they are.

So many other brands out there that perform better, produce less dust and cost less.

Well, don't keep us in suspense. Which ones do you recommend?

I've often been recommended Ferodo as well. Must be pretty good if you had to mention them twice. :)

I'll stick to EBC Red for the Nissan but the crapbox BF wagon might get Ferodo instead of the Bendix Ultimates I've been buying on special every now and then.

• Like 1