SAU Community

New R33 Owner

Mbest12

Hello all. I've been a GTR owner for 1 year and I'm proud to be a part of the SAU community after only being an observer. I'm originally from the US but have been living in Japan for the past few years. Purchasing a GTR has been a goal of mine while living here since sourcing hard-to-find parts locally and from Australia is relatively easy compared to the US from my experience.

I've always favored the R33 styling over the other generations and I'm fortunate to have found a Series 3 with very little rust. My main goal is restoration/modernization instead of power upgrades while I continuing to learn the car and it's characteristics. I'm just fortunate enough to know that there are literally decades worth of discussions and data to sift through to expand my knowledge about this fantastic machine. I look forward to chatting with you all! 

20191223_180431.jpg

20200815_174308.jpg

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Mbest12 said:

Hello all. I've been a GTR owner for 1 year and I'm proud to be a part of the SAU community after only being an observer. I'm originally from the US but have been living in Japan for the past few years. Purchasing a GTR has been a goal of mine while living here since sourcing hard-to-find parts locally and from Australia is relatively easy compared to the US from my experience.

I've always favored the R33 styling over the other generations and I'm fortunate to have found a Series 3 with very little rust. My main goal is restoration/modernization instead of power upgrades while I continuing to learn the car and it's characteristics. I'm just fortunate enough to know that there are literally decades worth of discussions and data to sift through to expand my knowledge about this fantastic machine. I look forward to chatting with you all! 

20191223_180431.jpg

20200815_174308.jpg

Congrats man! f**king stunning car.

How many KMs to its name? What's the interior condition like? Congrats on achieving a dream goal, looks awesome. How hard are these cars to come by in Japan, did you get it at one of the big electronic auction houses? Do you live near any mountain passes ;)

Edited by Agret

12 hours ago, Agret said:

How many KMs to its name? What's the interior condition like? Congrats on achieving a dream goal, looks awesome. How hard are these cars to come by in Japan, did you get it at one of the big electronic auction houses? Do you live near any mountain passes ;)

Hi Agret,

It's anyone's guess as to how many miles this thing tuly has. Odometer is incorrect. Judging by its condition and the parts replaced by the previous owner, I'd say just over 100,000 km. Small work to be done on the exterior and interior but it's in good shape. I'm afraid the previous owner did cut corners with the interior but most of those issues have been corrected. Not hard to find one since it's JDM, but I would say it's moderately difficult to find one in impeccable condition. I purchased mine from a dealership in Kanagawa close to Tokyo. And yes, I do have small mountain passes in my area ?