SAU Community

R33 GT-R Freshly bought - start building up

thank you guys for all the input! i appreciate it!

11 hours ago, PranK said:

We have similar rules here in Aus with regards to headlights. 

What I'm wondering is how will you convert headlights to RHD? These cars never came in RHD so a quick swap is not an option.

i have to send them to somebody who converts them. 

here's a video i found in the net (it is german tho) but if you watch it you'll understand just by watching. i dont like that he cut the inner pieces..

also i realized i have xenon lights arent they the s3 lights which are so rare... i dont want to ruin them...

11 hours ago, Ben C34 said:

Car looks like it will be nice when done.

I have to admit it is a it funny initially you were asking if rb25s were reliable then you go and buy a gtr that's had a hard time. Take your time and learn before doing things, there's no rush

thats true actually 😂 

but IMO it wasn't worth it paying 25k for a GTST when i could have a GTR for around 33k....

and then i got this offered and i thought why not... it is a big project but i have the time for it so i'll do step by step. the most important thing is that it runs well... the rest like painting will come later..

8 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

please don't lol

Get 350Z Brembos (just need to drill out the hub to 14mm to fit) OR get 370Z brakes using the Z1 Motorsport kit.

Funny coloured coilpacks would be the issue. Just straight up go get a PRP R35 coil pack conversion and delete the external ignitor

there is actually someone who sells 350z brembos but i didn't like that i have to drill it from 12mm to 14mm.. hmmmm...

thanks for the advice tho.

i've got some splitfire coils already

https://www.z1motorsports.com/brakes/upgrade-kits-c-6_9_83308.html

which of those do you mean? like an upgrade kit with calipers or without? (and getting the 370 calipers seperately?

4 hours ago, joshuaho96 said:

You have to convert to LHD, not RHD. The headlights are RHD/LHT from the factory. Here's a pdf guide for the conversion, pdf warning: https://wardiz.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/R33-Projector-Headlamps-Tutorial.pdf

For those that are not bound by issues like TUV compliance you can have the series 3 HIDs modified to produce an LHD beam pattern like this:

BeamPattern1.JPG.abccf4cb5d189cb4adbfba2f19099773.JPG

ahh yeah... true lol...

thank you for the guide! 

today i'll bring the car home. 

the damage of the car was repaired, sealed and painted. im excited

This kit, just don't worry about the rears

https://www.z1motorsports.com/z1-products/z1-motorsports/z1-motorsports-14-akebono-big-brake-master-set-240sx-p-4669.html

You can source the 370Z calipers and rotors yourself or just get the full kit with new calipers, rotors yourself.

Also, very jealous you picked up a R33 GT-R for that price, the asking prices are just stupid now.

7 hours ago, Lowkey27 said:

also i realized i have xenon lights arent they the s3 lights which are so rare... i dont want to ruin them...

Nope yours are standard series 1 headlights

11 hours ago, Lowkey27 said:

but i didn't like that i have to drill it from 12mm to 14mm.. hmmmm...

Think of it as enlarging an existing hole to improve braking and therefore safety of the car.

Im 100 percent sure slightly enlarging a hole isnt the worst thing that's happened to/going to happen to the car!

• Like 1