SAU Community

370GT V36 OEM Display Unit Upgrade (2008-2013)

Hi guys

We currently have a 2008 CKV36 and hoping to upgrade the OEM display to a OEM unit that has high resolution.

For reference these are the display unit models that I have found:

A few queries I have as follows:

• Someone mentioned that 2010 onwards display units have higher resolution. Does anyone know if that's correct? Do we know what the display resolution specs of the 2008-2014 models might be?
  • Are all the OEM display units backwards compatible? E.g. can we use the display unit from 2013 or 2011 on our 2008?

If the difference in resolution is negligible I would skip the upgrade but was hoping to get it done whilst install the Nifty CarPlay unit: https://www.niftycity.shop/products/nissan-skyline-370gt-2007-2014-apple-carplay-android-auto-integration

Thanks so much! 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looks good. How's the long-term support with this device? Do they have a roadmap to continue support for newer OSes as they come about? That's always the biggest with these phone-dependent devices.

I'm not sure about Android Auto but updates for CarPlay comes with iOS updates on your phone so there is no need for updates on the module. 

I did the install on Thursday - the OEM screen looks crispier than I thought it would, good colour etc. Only touchscreen sensitivity is shit. I have not tried the wireless connection (there are a few dead spots in WA that I frequent so I can't be bothered using it) but wired works fine. The switching from OEM display to CarPlay is quick and easy, putting car into reverse shows the reverse camera which is great. 

The thing that is annoying would be changing aircon temps won't show on screen like when the reverse camera comes on. Unfortunate but having CarPlay and ability to use Siri is great. 

Edited by colin.ssc
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi guys - I have just bought myself an '08 370GT and was browsing for a head unit  for Android Auto compatibility and came across this.

https://www.niftycity.shop/products/nissan-skyline-370gt-2007-2014-apple-carplay-android-auto-advanced?variant=39727141552278

Would anyone have any recommendations in Australia, specifically NSW for a prfessinoal install from anyone?

• 2 weeks later...