SAU Community

RB30 Head Gasket thickness for more boost

8:5;1 comp in ideal for boost. There are copper head gaskets that are custom made if you know the thinness to achieve 8:5:1.. 9;1 comp is fine… but you will be limited to how much boost you can run.

Www.coppergaskets.com.au. If your after one 👍

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, FiXtUrE said:

8:5;1 comp in ideal for boost. There are copper head gaskets that are custom made if you know the thinness to achieve 8:5:1.. 9;1 comp is fine… but you will be limited to how much boost you can run.

Www.coppergaskets.com.au. If your after one 👍

What’s the limit of boost at 9.0:1? Very curious to know.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

From my understanding you can achieve about 5 - 10 psi with 9:1 - 9:5:1 comp safely before it goes pop.. before you think this wack boost levels, you have to consider the turbo, dump back exhaust, fmic etc your going to use on your rb30. 

what power do you want, and is it a 5sp or auto?

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, FiXtUrE said:

From my understanding you can achieve about 5 - 10 psi with 9:1 - 9:5:1 comp safely before it goes pop.. before you think this wack boost levels, you have to consider the turbo, dump back exhaust, fmic etc your going to use on your rb30. 

what power do you want, and is it a 5sp or auto?

You can leave the stock comp and put it on e85 and run higher boost?

Lol… I doubt it’s running 100psi.

rb30 with 8:5:1 head gasket + stock mani with spacer adaptor to blolt on rb25 t03 (with ceramic wheel) and possibly stock dump depending where turbo sits + custom mid pipe + r31 house rb20det cat back + hr31 stock intercooler at a maximum 12 psi + nistune should the job with auto (400kw)

steel wheel t03 + r32 gtr or r31 house fmic + forgies with big boost, go for your life with manual if you can find a clutch up to the job 👍

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, FiXtUrE said:

rb30 with 8:5:1 head gasket + stock mani with spacer adaptor to blolt on rb25 t03 (with ceramic wheel) and possibly stock dump depending where turbo sits + custom mid pipe + r31 house rb20det cat back + hr31 stock intercooler at a maximum 12 psi + nistune should the job with auto (400kw)

steel wheel t03 + r32 gtr or r31 house fmic + forgies with big boost, go for your life with manual if you can find a clutch up to the job 👍

Yeah I doubt these 6 second 200+mph cars are running the boost they say they are. 

I mean look at this guy claiming he is running 90+psi of boost and a 250 shot. 

Why can't they just be honest and say they are really running 12psi of boost. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, FiXtUrE said:

What the hell kind of crack smoking joke is this? That is literally double the power possible with a stock ceramic shitter. When I'm talking about shards here, they can either be what you are on, or the pieces of turbine. Take your pick.

• Haha 2