SAU Community

V36 Sedan HFC's

Can anyone recommend a pair of hfc's for the sedan? 2008. Bonus points if they're an Aussie store. 
Is there anything I need to look out for after they're installed? Do they create any errors or CEL?

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

So I went with Invidia catted pipes. The Rasp is awful. The whole car sounds like shit now lol. Im told it'll settle a bit over time, but not much 😬
Maybe something like this resonator will help.
https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B000E3VHVO/?coliid=I3OCVZOG64PLDG&colid=1EO7L0YGVUEV2&psc=1&ref_=list_c_wl_gv_ov_lig_pi_dp

At least it doesn't sound like broken honeycomb anymore I guess.

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/05/2023 at 1:08 PM, The Bogan said:

My 2 cents is to get the longest resonators that fit your system

I saw a video of someone replacing the Y pipe with a custom fab X pipe to solve it. Do you think that might be a better option to a pair of resonators? Or maybe even both?

1 hour ago, awsam said:

I saw a video of someone replacing the Y pipe with a custom fab X pipe to solve it. Do you think that might be a better option to a pair of resonators? Or maybe even both?

Don't know, my experience with X pipes or Y pipes are only with a V8, X pipe on a dual exhaust, or a Y pipe on a single

The X and H pipe dual sounded like thongs clapping, the Y pipe single sounds meaty, both had drone until I fitted a 2 in 2 out muffler on the dual, and a big resonator on the single

As for the sound difference between a X pipe and a H pipe, I have noticed no real difference 

Sorry I cannot really help in that regard, but resonators will help with drone, hell even a 2 in 2 out muffler would work if the dual pipes line up

I've run resonators on all of my aftermarket exhausts, the main function of a resonator is to reduce drone

My LS1 has 1 7/8 4:1 headers, dual 3" catted Y pipe to 4" single with a 5" bodied resonator before the diff (had to get a custom one made to fit where I wanted it) and a 4" Varex out back, negligible drone when cruising, even with the windows up and the radio off, hell, my Mrs is always falling asleep when we are cruising around, but, it sounds like war when your on the loud pedal

We do alot of cruising around on Hwy's and country roads, noticeable drone wouldn't cut the mustard