SAU Community

your car coming into Oz..

lwells

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got an email back from Jspec about customs and stuff this morning and it sounds like its all organised for me

"Once the car arraives you will be sent an invoice from the customs clearance

agents - this will include import duty, GST, port charges, etc... payment

for this will need to be made into their local bank account before the car

is released from the ports.

You have to use a customs agent, it is not possible to lodge a customs

clearance without a licenced agent"

its finally happening! my car will arrive out the front of my house tomorrow!! its been a long wait (sook) the car arrived in brisbane on the 30th of august and one month later it will be in my hot little hands (not to mention wet and sticky :boinkcar: ) so happy, hope registration and all goes well

:jump:

You have to use a customs agent, it is not possible to lodge a customs clearance without a licenced agent"

Some of the guys (razorsharp, for instance) that have done their own customs stuff can comment, but AFAIK there is nothing to stop you (except time and running around) doing your own customs paperwork and organisation.

LW.

Got the 'Arrival Notice' from the shipping company this morning. ETA is 4/10 (Monday). Ship berths at Webb Dock which is only about 1km from where I work so might go down and have a look (I know I won't be able to get to the car, but might catch a glimpse....)

Still no B/L and I've noticed they've spelt my street address wrong on the arrival notice (one letter)....hope that doesn't cause any problems.

FYI, my B/L was not sent directly to me, it was sent to my customs agent - perhaps your B/L will to?

According to Geoff (prestige) it should come to him and then he'll send us (myself and the customs agent) an e-mail copy which should be sufficient to clear the car. Anyway, Geoff keeps saying 'don't worry it'll be here' (guess he must get hundreds of e-mails like that, LOL), but I'd just feel better knowing this last piece of the puzzle was in place.

Yeah, im actually quite pissed off with the hole fiasco right now. I have been waiting for my B/L since September 11 and it finally was sent on Monday (after the ship had docked how f'ing useful) and it has arrived in Sydney according to the EMS tracking info but CGL have checked their PO box and nothing.

So now because of this i am going to be liable for storage fees over the long weekend, another extra day for steam cleaning. I should send the moron who didnt send the B/L when it arrived the bill for the storage.

Importing is about the most frustrating and painful experience you can ever go through.

Anyone else who has got approval in the last few weeks waiting for a shipping date? Kinda sucks too now finally have approval but no sign of the car getting on a ship yet ;)

Well I'm now glad Geoff took the risk (on my behalf !) and got my car on a boat before I had approval...but it did cause a level of stress....

Ship docks 3:30am Monday morning, but still no B/L and that's a worry.

Well I'm now glad Geoff took the risk (on my behalf !) and got my car on a boat before I had approval...but it did cause a level of stress....

Ship docks 3:30am Monday morning, but still no B/L and that's a worry.

Geoff booked my car on a ship prior to approval, but apparently there are delays in Japan at the moment ;)

LW.

Everything is done for mine now - went to see it at the docks today and took this photo from a vantage point near the office. Cant get closer because the security wouldnt allow me but at least i can see my car is there:

(its the black GTR behind the white skyline ;) )

GTROnDocks-resized.jpg

Mate i got to drive it today for about 500 meters (on a private road etc). I have been without boost far too long. Im in love with it.

I imagine you are still smiling :)

500 meters? so only about an 11 second drive then... :)

Richard