SAU Community

Occupation & Age of Skyline Owner

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice, well thats pretty much good enough to start getting a feel of the results. The results I would think could be bias also because the people reading the most threads & replying are people in IT who are on a computer all day.

So the stats have brought in so far:

We mainly drive r33 Gtsts

We're mainly true blue

& We all have IT jobs.

It's a pretty crazy result so far when you think about it or is it? Do other car forums have similar polls, threads like this one & do people who say drive wrx's, on a wrx forum, do a lot all reply saying they are in IT too because a forum is a computer thing. Are skylines really driven by more IT people than any other car.

If that is true, What is it about there being so many IT people with skylines like myself.

Is it because we earn good money?

Is it because we need to show off our selves?

Are there many reasons to why IT people own skylines or a few reasons in particular.

I dont know if i can even answer that myself. Personally, i love imports, skylines & supra's my fav. I love the best bang for bucks type cars... with the r33 gtst being one of the most affordable bang for bucks cars.

So i love the skyline because of its power, looks, & import factor, something different 'even though there are a lot of them, but not compared to say a commodore, falcon, or corolla'.

When i think about it too, a car can represent someone fairly well. I spose another reason why i chose the skyline is because it shows my success for someone of my age. I dont mean to brag but i'm trying to look at this in the most direct way, only say 3% 'not sure of percentage' of people can buy a $20 k car on there own @ 18 without help of parents. Although I had so many people 'guys' from my school think my dad bought my car & this really shits me off... F#ck off, i work smart & hard and this is how i show it i spose.

Do i have the car for the girl factor, sure it helps, women are materialistic *for the women reading, yeh us guys are too, but we're more materialistic about a womans breasts than her money :/*. Do i go & hang with all the others in done up cars picking up 16 year old girls... No, not at all. If you meet a girl, you go out with her, pick her up in a nice fast car, yeh its certainly a plus. A lot of girls love skylines 'from what i've found', like a lot of you would probably have experienced, in a car park or somewhere some girls have run up & asked about your car starting talking to you 'verrrrrry materialistic hahah' When i first got my car had random chix ringing me up seeing if i wanted to take'em for drive! What the. Cant say i got that when i had the hyundai excel... lol

I'm just not sure what is is about skylines & IT people 'if it is true that skylines are dominated by IT people', im sure there are many reasons for different types of people. Eg, a mechanic might love his GTR because of it's sheer potential.

I think the most interesting answer would be to the question "Do a lot of IT people have similar personalities & interests which are associated with their occupation"

I love a fast car & a r33 gtst to me is the best looking car to get running down a 1/4 mile in 12 secs for $25 k.

Keep the

Skyline model:

Race:

still coming it, but some thoughts about this post would be great too! Lets break it down now 'psychologically that is'

Cheers,

I should be a IT dude, mechanic, & psychologist... then merge them into one super occupation....hahah

Model: R34 GTT Series 1

Race: With a name like Choy, what do u think?... I'm Fijian

Occupation: SKYLINE PILOT (Full Time) + Network Administrator (Full Time) + Uni Student (Part Time) + Air Force Cadets Instructor (Part Time)

Skyline Model:R33 Gts25t Series II

Race: Chinese (Aussie Born)

Occupation: Full-time Accountant, Part-time Nightfilller (Coles), Final Year Uni Student

Turbo cars are expensive, one job isn't always enuff rofl! =)

Model: R33 gtst s1 (modified of course)

Occupation: Barman i have 2 jobs and im desperately trying to find a 9-5 desk job, car is going soon untill i can afford something much faster and easily afford to heavily modify it, it costs to much at the monet.