SAU Community

What's with Skylines

Ait

I'm sure I'm not the only one here with this 'problem', but you guys would be all too familiar with it.

Ever since I've owned a skyline, I've had at least 5 people tried to drag me off at the lights, on the freeway and even in small lanes.

The usual 'suspects' are

1. A few Old V8 Calais Commonwh...uhh...I mean Commodore

2. VL turbos

3. Old rotary Rx7s

:P

Do you guys 'waste' any of them?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i try not to bother with them... mainly cause a decent Rx7 will thrash the pants off me. Only V8 thats bothered to race me and given me some stick in my 32 was a VT SS LS1 with 298kw at the fly and 216rwkw... was expecting to be hammered a lot more than i was considering the power this thing has... but in the end was only about a half car length ahead. Its on of my Team Leaders cars.

its a pretty common thing and im sure a lot of other ppl in jap performance type cars cop it from holden lovers.

Yeah I doubt I'd try and drag some Rx7. Those are speed demons!

Even if I floor the car at the lights, I'll usually stop within the speed limits. Too many tales of friends cars wrapping around trees and lamp posts. I personally survived an incident awhile ago. Take it easy on the loud pedal guys, gas is getting costly nowadays :P

I've found that with most drivers you can slot them into 3 catagories;

1. People that have no idea what a skyline is and probably don't care.

2. People that know what they are and seem to show a bit respect to all drivers and just sit back.

3. Insecure drivers that sit up your bum to try to "see what she's got", and then, at the first chance they get, try and drag you off.

It's funny cause most of the catagory 3 people I've come accross seem to be either 35-55 year old WRX and Magna drivers, or youngish blokes in Commodores......

But I did have a old (55+) lady in a new Commodore try to drag me one day :lol: :lol: :P

lol yeah that sounds about right... altho most of the category 3 ppl ive come across have been driving Barinas, Festivas and other assorted sh*t box butter blocks.

ive found a lot of the ppl that sit back and RESHPEKT are the ppl who drive lancers/civics with stupid kits on them cause they dont wanna look stupid

Originally posted by inark

:P but thats why ur getting a F/Cut

have u still got the GTS badges on ur car doxxeh? i cant remember... keep em on there :D

hehehe yep gonna have so much stainless steel piping gonna be sweet

nah my car didnt come with any of the GTS25 stickers at the back

only the blue and white GT badges on the sides

Yesterday I even had a lady in a brand new Jag drag me off at the lights.

U know that look other drivers have on their face when you beat them.....you know.....the "Man, I should have bought a Skyline" look. She had that look too:rolleyes:

Was really funny.

see, thats why when im older i want to buy a nismo autech stagea (300kw with 400R front bar :P rb26dett and attessa *i think attessa not sure*)

who the hell would think of dragging me in that? and if they did...i will stonk em!

, I've had at least 5 people

is this in one nite????

I've found that with most drivers you can slot them into 3 catagories;

too true tooe true 100%

I usually leave people alone the only time I floor it is when I feel like it. To give myself a rush not for anyone else..

Originally posted by akeenan

too true tooe true 100%

I usually leave people alone the only time I floor it is when I feel like it.  To give myself a rush not for anyone else..

My sentiments exactly. It's a dangerous game. I've heard of a friend who had a cop egg him on for a drag. Of course he didn't know it was a cop, by then it was too late. Sneaky bastards...

Those 5 incidences or more have been in the past few weeks. Sometimes it's quite annoying especially the guys in those old V8 commonwh..uhh..Commodores :P

Complete with track suits and caps.

Those guys in their pseudo EVOs :D, nah they wouldn't want to even try dragging a skyline. Not with their huge book shelf spoilers, bodykits and small GLI tailpipe.

Of course...then..there are also the real EVOs, I wouldn't dream of dragging them!

I don't generally drag people on the street unless I know who they are (like going out with mates and having some fun).

I get looks all the time from wannabe heroes and the like who wanna run me but due to the price of petrol these days, only selected few get to run :)

I enjoy tearing holes in the V8s the most coz they think they have everything on Skylines and no respect for us. Supras have some respect and make a good run when in gear but nothing off the line.

Mind you, this is all before my car was completed. The last decent run my car has was against a Diablo. I wasn't even in the car but I hear that my car ripped it nice and good.

The last decent run my car has was against a Diablo. I wasn't even in the car but I hear that my car ripped it nice and good.

i tried to drag a diablo one afternoon but the old man driving wasnt interested infact he wasnt even willing to do the speed limit

I don't know where you guys are driving - but I've had one guy (besides mates of course) who tried to run me on the street in the last year or so...

MKIV supra TT...

I think ppl are afraid of the cops etc - I know I am! :eek1:

matt

try having an n/a

mate, believe me i feel ur pain.

returning a dvd to video ezy on a saturday nite driving down doncaster rd a civic hatch, celica pop up lites and some old ford fairlane or fairmont something tried to drag me.

theres a lot of heroes out there on doncaster rd on friday and saturday nites i think.

um...sorry guys:( it might be people like me who spurr them onto these "speed quests." i drag when ever i get the chance to. well...i just drive normally (as fast as i can, if safe to of corse!) i take off at the lights as if im at calder park, if someone happens to be along side me when the lights go green and they go fast too, then its just more fun for me! i dont care if i loose...hell, i dont care if i win:rolleyes: im just a big kid (but sensible tho) i know my limits and my car fairly well so i dont push it too hard, just enough to keep my head on a backwards angle! plus i keep my eyes on all mirrors for a "cop scan" i tend to stay cautious around suspect "dunny doors" ...uhh..u know what i mean...

basically, dragging is good. be it me, you, or the car in the rearveiw mirror - s'all good...just keep it safe.:burnout:

i think i'll get a spanking for writing that if my mum ever reads it tho:shake:

theres a lot of heroes out there on doncaster rd on friday and saturday nites i think.

you should try dandeong road on the corner of warrigal and dandeong opposite subway...there has never been a night where I havent been dragged or tried to be dragged at those lights heading towards the citys :) :) :) WHOOHAHAHAHHAHAH ;)

There is none better than outrunning your opponent in corners! Should see the look on those HSV dirvers and STis drivers when you do that!

They think big grunt and 4WD are the tools to go fast? Wait 'till they see some skills and knowledge...