SAU Community

"Bride" seat rails?

LTSJayce

Hi all.Just picked myself up some brand new Bride seats.The big problem I've got is that they didn't come with adapter rails for my R32 GTR...Luckily,they're narrower in "track width" than my current seats,but I really want "proper" rails,as I'll have to get them engineered,not to mention the likelyhood of bodged up rails coming apart in the event of a major,high speed(is there any other speed?!) shunt...

I can't remember the measurements/differences in widths right now:I'll be back to the garage to remeasure accurately soon.Has anyone got experience with fitting these things up CORRECTLY?All help and experience appreciated!

Guest two.06l
Hi all.Just picked myself up some brand new Bride seats.The big problem I've got is that they didn't come with adapter rails for my R32 GTR...Luckily,they're narrower in "track width" than my current seats,but I really want "proper" rails,as I'll have to get them engineered,not to mention the likelyhood of bodged up rails coming apart in the event of a major,high speed(is there any other speed?!) shunt...

I can't remember the measurements/differences in widths right now:I'll be back to the garage to remeasure accurately soon.Has anyone got experience with fitting these things up CORRECTLY?All help and experience appreciated!

hey jase where did ya get the seats from. Can you get more??

PowerPlay in Sydney sell Bride Seats and rails to fit the R32. I'm looking for rails for my new Recaro's and gave em a call just today. The lady said 6 weeks for R32, I tried to explain R32 - R34 are the same. At least thats what I hear. She has R33 rails for Bride seats and was going to ask the guys in the workshop. She didnt get back to me and I didn't get back to her.

Guest two.06l
PM sent!
If you want rails modified or made.

Greg at Autosport Engineering is one of the only people that does this. His number is 95211388.

You've probably been there already but just in case you haven't you might wish to try the Jap wreckers. D1 Garage, Option 1 Garage, Jap M'sport etc have them from time to time. Like you my preference is for 'proper' rails. Some of the set ups I've seen people staking their life on are just plain scary.

You've probably been there already but just in case you haven't you might wish to try the Jap wreckers. D1 Garage, Option 1 Garage, Jap M'sport etc have them from time to time. Like you my preference is for 'proper' rails. Some of the set ups I've seen people staking their life on are just plain scary.

Scary AND stupid!

I've dropped lines to all you've mentioned:so far,no reply has been had-I think I sent the emails out on Wednesday...Still,thanks for the heads-up:I'm getting there when it comes to finding these damned rails...

P.S.:Good to meet you this eve' at the local watering hole!

Jayce - certain you can order from PowerPlay - Just the wait time (upto 6 weeks). Call them they're not good on e-mail (my experience).

I'm getting ADR approved Recaro' rails that bolt straight up from "Ideal Seat Company" Melbourne 03 9555 7788. 2 weeks as the container is already in Australia.

Jayce - certain you can order from PowerPlay -  Just the wait time (upto 6 weeks). Call them they're not good on e-mail (my experience).

I'm getting ADR approved Recaro' rails that bolt straight up from "Ideal Seat Company" Melbourne 03 9555 7788. 2 weeks as the container is already in Australia.

Ah,yes;PowerPlay.The people that blessed us with the first R34 GTR in Oz(history lesson for all you youngin's!).I've already contacted them:they're looking for me,but I may well be onto the "real deal" from Japan via some super investigating by two.06l(Stacey and Paul from Dirt Garage).This looks to be my best way to get the Brides into my baby:unfortunately,the Recaro bases wont work-already checked that one!Thanks for thinking of it,anyway!

Guest two.06l

Its interesting that you say a STRAIGHT bolt up, as this is not the information that the "Ideal Seat Company" provided me with. Paul...DIRTgarage.

:werd: I would be very surprised if you can find generic rails that bolt up, the skylines have 2 problems

1) specific floor shape requiring rails designed for it

2) drivers side seat belt buckle is attached to the rails.

Most people are using BRIDE rails because they fit straight up, although you can always modify other rails to fit. It would be great to know if there is a cheaper option than the BRIDE rails.

Otherwise....get that order in with Powerplay, the sooner you order the sooner you get em ;)

Its a bit sad that the rails will cost more than the seats tho :)

After much searching,fellow R32ers Stacey(two.06l)and Paul from Dirt Garage,with huge help from drift007,it looks like the fabled Bride seat rails are winging their way from the Land of the Rising Sun as I type!Thanks everyone for helping out in the search for these things:fingers crossed,we should have some piccies to post soon!