SAU Community

Should the new trader system stay?

170 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

lol - i'm going to keep pushing on this :D

Have a look here at the "whole cars forsale" section - http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/classifie...hp?cat=2&page=1.

Look how organised it is with the pictures all in one place. Straight away you can see all the cars, the price and decide which one might be worth checking out at a glance (just needs location in there) without having to click. Just like looking through the trading post or something.. can sort all of them by date, views, etc with one click. I am sure it could easily be modified to sort by price, search by location or the like.

Much easier than clicking into 50 threads of pointless crap just to get to see what you want to, or know whether a photo is available, the price, etc.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OLD SYSTEM!

I love it when someone tries to rip someone off and then someone says *your full of BS coz it's cheaper here brand new* even though it's not recommended i know if i was buying something and didn't realise it was at an over inflated price i would buy the guy a carton who saved me an extra few hundred!!

Just general feedback for the sale section is what attracted me to the old system. Would be good if more people could post pics instead of e-mailing pics to everyone.. the only advantage of the new for sale section is that it has a large amount of photos... thats about it.....

Don't worry Pred I'm on your side... But I chose "I don't mind either way" on the poll. I didn't like it to begin with, but it looks much nicer now...

The new posts thing is an issue for me though as well... I'm also not a fan of the recent ads down the bottom of the classifieds... Maybe trim it down to ~4 ads or something... and increase the total number of ads on each page from 12 to 20...

Either way, there has definitely been less trading activity recently... :D

One thing to note is that much larger boards are still using a standard forum interface for their forsale sections and have done so for a long time and they are going strong.

I think SAU forsale was/is a thriving marketplace for second hand import parts at great prices but if its not being used or if people are unhappy with the way it works and less people read it then we may start to lose a really good part of the forums.

I myself have bought and sold a ton of stuff on here without any issues!

The peak of SAU trading (imho) was when we had the regular for-sale forum and trader ratings in our profile. If we work on that trader ratings thing and have someone to moderate the feedback (i'll even volunteer :D ) we could have a really effective trading system.

increase the total number of ads on each page from 12 to 20...

There is an option on the top left that lets you change the number of ads displayed per page.

Honestly, i just think people are scared of change.

As soon as something is different, everyone panics.

How about take some time to get used to it!

Explore the features it offers.

If you haven't found the "display X amount of ads per page" feature, then you can't have spent much time in there.

I have spent a total of about 3 minutes in there, just to look around, but i managed to find it.

:D

The new photo post is of no real benefit

1) For sale items do not need to be posted with thumbnails on the main page of what they are. PLUS it looks scrappy as when the 'No image to display' icon appears

2) People could attach photos in the OLD section.

3) Yes, More people used the old forum based for sale

4) The posting in for sale items is neccessary to ask questions about items and to request pics if they havent been posted. The new photo post doesnt enforce pics to be posted, so its of no advantage

5) please revert back to the old system :P

Look i quite like it, but i can't get it to work properly, if i'm being dense i apologise but i can see other peoples posts in for sale item but can't find how to make one myself.

Also when i click "contact seller" i get told i need to register, i click register and it says "you're already registered", so i'm at a COMPLETE loss.

Also when i click "contact seller" i get told i need to register, i click register and it says "you're already registered", so i'm at a COMPLETE loss.

Yes, you are registered.

But you need to log in to the for sale section.

Top right hand side.

With your standard log in details

....on this note, i would like to let admin know that I am unable to log out.

I tried to log out to take a screen shot, and it takes me to the "please wait, logging out" screen, but it still shows me as logged in..... with the "log out" button visible.

*shrug*

Cheers. Is there a reason for this double login?

The reason is you're moving from one application (Vbulletin - the forum software) to another application (Photopost or whatever runs the new trading system).

The two applications use the same database or at least have a copy each of the authentication tables but at the moment they don't tell each other if you're logged in. You have to login to each application seperately.

The reason is you're moving from one application (Vbulletin - the forum software) to another application (Photopost or whatever runs the new trading system).  

The two applications use the same database or at least have a copy each of the authentication tables but at the moment they don't tell each other if you're logged in. You have to login to each application seperately.

Thought it might be something like, makes sense, but it's not immediatley apparent and the error messages i came up against are VERY cryptic.

I suggest this is made BLATENTLY obvious as i'm sure i'm not the first, nor will i be the last, to be confused by it.

You get the Q&A down the bottom of the details guys.. you can post comments and the like just like the old system.

most people dont seem to realise this as they havent given it enough time. i think any decision should be left till all the bugs are ironed out, but even at this stage the new system is much easier to find stuff in, and gives incentive to users to actually post pictures of items.

half the replies in the old system were "pics?".