SAU Community

Should the new trader system stay?

170 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't mind my posting here instead of voting - my opinion isn't covered in the poll.

I enjoyed the old way that people could comment and post up offers on the thread so everyone else knew where they stood, also questions one person asked are seen for everyone to see.

The new way is great how you can see a photo if one is attached in a large overall view - I think this is great. I also think it's great to see a short and see if the thing has been sold all in one go.

I think part of the getting used to process is that the links used to be on the right hand side of the screen now they're on the left - I think to improve it slightly I'd have the actual products (after you choose the category) 'flatted out' a little so that they sit in the middle to the right of the screen.

Other than that the major thing really is other people being able to post up about the product - if the seller has nothing to hide they won't mind.

That's my only suggestion :D

The new systems has it's appeal, but the old system was better in terms of feedback and Q&A.

Also i can-not see the new system working for "group buys".

Appreciating your efforts to improve SAU!

:D

Alan

Guest RedLineGTR

One thing I would like to mention that one thing I liked particularly how all the new threads in the old classifieds section pops up in the new threads when I’m checking out what’s new, saves me trying to check the new classifieds section very often to know if anything had been posted. My 2 Cents.

I think the new classifieds are clunky and the old system fit in a lot better with the forums and the way things are done here. I know chatting is against the rules in the For sale forums but some feedback/open questions are often good.

If it aint broke dont fix it i say. :D :D

I reckon the Old system was much better...Less people are posting up parts now With the New thread...The old system was way eaiser to contact the seller/buyer....

If The New System has to stay....make it so we can post to the buyer like the old one...

Cheers...Thats my Opinion

I reckon it should stay because I spent a few hours doing that new display template :D

It can actually be adjusted so we get one large "main" picture and the smaller thumbnails. I am not sure why the main at the moment is actually set to the same as the thumbnails :confused:

You get the Q&A down the bottom of the details guys.. you can post comments and the like just like the old system.

PM should be available though.. I only realised you couldn't PM directly from there, you have to Email them.. but that is probably a relatively simple change.

I really can't see how the old system was that much better, other than the fact that everybody was used to it. Name one feature that was so useful that isn't available in the new one?

I voted for the old system. I wouldn't say it was much better though, I just preffered it that way. If it aint broke, don't fix it. That's my take, having said that, the new system certainly has some advantages, but i guess if the bulk of people don't like it then it's not really a step forward.

Good work either way mate. I'll be happy no matter what the outcome.

Richard

I like being able to browse via images.. and see what is what at a glance on the list page, rather than wade into everything. It actually makes things a bit more efficient.

It also greatly encourages people to upload photos for their goods, to get people to look at their ads. Those that don't just get a bland "no photos available". Its a great way to get people to upload.

i voted for the old system

alternatively you could modify the old system to reflect how you want the changes to act without doing a complete re-do of hte for sale section

oh, and have you considered banning the use of 'bump'?? it really serves no purpose and it gets annoying when someone 'bumps' 3 times a day untill their item is sold...

cheers,

Warren.

Obviously the new system has added functionality which is all good and well, but the look and feel leaves a lot to be desired. The old system was basic, simple and it worked.

Making it easy as possible, with a friendly interface is the key - either way i vote for the old system to be returned.

Name one feature that was so useful that isn't available in the new one?

Per a couple of posts in this thread, classifieds are NOT included in new post searches, so I never see them.

I appreciate the effort that has been put into the new feature....but as they say in the classics....the tribe has spoken :D

lotta dickheads.. just instant ban if they do that.. lol

bumping is useful to give your item more prominance and make an effort (not 3 times a day.. most places have a 24 hour rule). I've had stuff advertised for weeks and weeks and somebody goes "shit you had that?" and I have to tell them "I advertised it in the forums for like a month!!".

Under this new system, people only look at the new ads, as people are usually too lazy to search back for other items they may be interested in.

Per a couple of posts in this thread, classifieds are NOT included in new post searches, so I never see them.

Then you might have to actually visit the classifides system to see the new posts once a day then .. not that hard :D

Damn tribe! people get so used to their old way of doing things, any change is all too difficult. Old buggers! :)

keepkeepkeep... seems more organised this way, to me... search function works (i'm always searching r32 - very effective compared to vb search)... the main info i want to see first is always there, and people never forget these fundamentals of selling :) : location and price mostly... what i would really love is an ordering system (order by price), or filtering system (filter to only vic for example) - but this may be a little complicated :D

:)