SAU Community

Passion for skylines

mine started wen i was still into hummers...friends all were telling me off bout that, said high performance cars leave the hummer to bite the dust..true...

so then i started to follow them, learnt bout jap imports...they mentioned skylines, i was like...yeh cool (sarcasm)

then 2f2f made me look deeper into the skylines...that and every1 else was talkin bout it....figuring i had to get onto of things...i started to learn more bout the car...and havent stopped learning ever since...and hey, whilst learning, i came to love the skyline r34:D

I got my passion from bathurst also. I am almost ready to buy a R32 now...took me long enough!

The closest I came to was my R/C I raced back when I was 10, Dad and I painted it up to look like the 'Nissan GTR Super caaaaaar' as the commentators called it. haha All I knew back then was it was red, fast, and wasn't a shitty holden or ford!(much the same as what I know now)

basically 300zx's were my fav car. loved nissans all together tho, 180's i even prefered over skylines, but then when it came time to looking for my car i spotted my mated r32 gtst 93 model went for a ride in it and fell in love, i bought it off him like 4 months later, had that car smashed up on me, then lost a bit of money, eventually decided to get another car, looked around heaps drove alot of cars, 180's 300's r33's wrx's liberties and more to mention and found my car for the right price which is an r32 gtst type m 89 model and felt so much better then the other cars, just so nice to drive and sounds so awsome, now i just can go past skylines, but r32's in particular

Two words- GO JIMMY!!!!!!

I think the passion also started for me with Bathurst (and no I don't neccessarily have a thing for older men).

used to see them drive passed and i used to love it....

go home as a kid and tell my mum i saw a skyline today....

im glad i make kids do that now....having a nice car is awesome....but one that some people envy is better....

Not too sure how it started for me. The first car to really grab my attention (aside from the obvious supercars at the time, which were also pipe dreams) was the 300ZX about 8 years ago. And from there I simply got interested in cars. I was hanging out for Rexes, cos at the time, they and the S14s were the 'affordable' Aus-delivered Jap pocket rockets.

Then the import scene exploded. I was into the 33s, 32s, back to 33s, back to 32s, and the 34s were still out of reach at the time. My friend bought a R33 GTS25t and he let me have a drive in it. I fell in love with the turbo feel. I loved how smooth, free-revving, and how unburstable the straght six felt. The whole Turbo Straight 6 RWD layout just seemed so right to me. The handling, altho short of scintilating, was lively, responsive and fun.

I couldn't afford a R33 (in the year I wanted) when I finally got my Skyline. I settled for a R32 GTS-t, and although it doesn't have the low-down torque of the 2.5L turbo, it still felt characteristically like a Skyline. Also, there is something about those stove-top / afterburner tail lights. Especially at night. I still find myself trailing other Skylines just to gaze in awe of them.. :(

I do remeber seeing them race around bathurst and the crowd having a go at jim richards and mark skaife on the podium... in the early 90'si thought it was unfair that they raced with the v8's after they beat them. i always new the skyline was a formidable racing machine after that. it was a long time before i got one though and everyone told me i was crazy importing a second hand car i had never seen. It is the tail lights though and always will be for me. i love the round taillights. :(

My passion for boost and nissans came from my first car. Originally i was looking at Suzuki Vitaras (yes back then i had no taste in cars) .... then dad showed me Z32's in the Autotrader - "want that?" he'd say and im "hell yes" ... "too bad you cant afford it"

Anyway one day he did it to this very immaculate black Z31 .... "want that?" im like "let me guess its too expenisive" ... "he's nah its not actually" ..... I fell totally and utterly in love with my Z31 turbo and have never looked back.

Basically i got the R33 Skyline because the ZX was getting old and costing me too much money. I wanted a Z32 but heard they were too hard and expensive to work on ..... so rebelling against my BF at the time that wanted to buy me a Supra .... and having the plates Nizmo that can only be put on a Nissan Import .... the only choice was a Skyline :D

So it wasnt love at first sight with the skyline ..... often saying to my mum "the rear lights of the skyline look like you are supposed to fry up breakfast on them" But damn do i love it now :love:

I got my passion from when I was 8 years old. My best friend loved Corvettes coz his dad was a mechanic and they worked on hotrods and vettes and other stuff like that. I said that I like them too and we had a big fight because I wasn't allowed to like the same car as he did. Then one day, I think I was about 12 or 13, I saw a white R32 GTR take off at the lights and blow away a GSXR750 motorcycle. I said to Dad (who I was in the car with at the time) "Look dad it's a corvette". He said "No son, that's a Skyline". I said "I want one of those when I grow up". He said "You're not allowed". I said "Awwwww!!". Then Dad told Grandma and she said that if I ever bought one I would never be allowed to see her again coz she didn't want me to have one. That was enough for me. Any car that demands that much respect must be the shizzne.

Dad hates it coz I can go from 0-100 in 4.5 seconds and...

I still wonder what my Grandmother is doing these days......

I remember watching the GT-R race in 1992 and at the tender age of 10 fell in love with this sleek car, not that I knew what it was. But it was unmistakeable. And the lights...:rolleyes:

Go forward a year or so and my dad had a model of the then-new R33 GTS25t, I loved it.

I forget about cars and Skylines for a few years, pursuing other interests but then got back into it, reading everything I could about them and gazing in awe at ones I saw on the road.

And I expect my love for the marque to grow when I get my GTS in a few months...