SAU Community

Passion for skylines

My question is where did you aquire you passion for skylines????

Personally mine started when watching Bathurst in 1989, when Mark Scaife and Jim Richards were driving the Hr31... I said thats the car i wanta own when i grow up... Then the dream was reinforced the following 2 years when they won back to back in the R32 GTR....

From that day forward i wanted to boost too....

When my dad and I installed a rb20 into a commodore.

Couldn't get over the build quality of nissan - if the engines are this good then I've got to get a car!

Next - got a silvia because I couldn't afford a skyline - but hated the 4cyl sound. Not as refined also I reckon.

Now : got a '33!

Cheers

Yes i would have to admit... after working on imports everyday from 2000-2001 i reckon i had touched everything... I liked the skylines due to the strong build of the engine and ease to repalce parts and diagnose problems.

I do have a passion for a certain Mits GT3500 (limited edition only 50 made)

3.5 litre 99 model (red only)

6 speed, twin tubro, 4wd, g sensor.... had everything...

Customer paid close to 200g for it..... with 50,000kms on the clock.....

3 or 4 years ago a friend of mines father spoke about this car that was 'banned' from racing because of 4wd... i thought it must be pretty good to be banned. took me a while to join here though

Originally I loved the VR SS, when they were just out. I believe that was about 1993?

At that time I recall remembering something about Bathurst and the races there, and having one of my Dads friends having a R32 GT-R (Australian delivered). That thing was unreal for the time.

It culminated in 2001 buying my first GTST and now moving onto the original legend being the R32 GT-R. Yet I have to let it go soon :D

Col im with you on this one mate... ever since bathurst ive dreamed about owning a skyline. been working my ass off lately to save up for one, should be getting a nice 33 gtst very soon :headspin:

its a shame that commos were so popular even though they 'borrowed' the rb engine. tell a hardcore vl owner they're driving a rebadged nissan and they'll crack the sh*ts

Guess I got my passion for Skylines when I bought my R30 hatchback 2 weeks ago.

I've never really looked at Skylines before because I mainly like 4X4's, but as a first car for only $2000, its much better than any 4X4 I could find for the same price.

She's pretty old but still drives excellent and has a near mint interior because the only 2 owners were 50-60 years old.

So, yeah, I love all Skylines now :) Can't wait to get an R34.

I dont have any heart warming bathurst stories, mine started after my first ride in an R33. Actually wasnt the best experience because the driver put us into a pole that night (he only had the car for about 3 weeks). After doing up 2 lancers, needed more power and style. Couldnt think of anything better in my price range

Unfortunately i don't have "Passion started by Bathurst" but my passion for Skyline started by Gran Turismo 3 (I know it isn't real but close to real thing anyway) but the closer skyline i've driven is RB30DET powered Patrol Wagon... and i hope to get my hands on Skyline sometime next year when i'm done with my Patrol...

Cheers

Grant

mine started when i bought my VL because i was a V8 fan n all of that but i went for a spin in my m8s soarer TT n i fell in love with turbo's then i took my vl for a spin i couldnt afford a skyline so i got the closest thing to it, now imports all the way babY!

mate had a 31 GX 5 speed. the thing hammered with just extractors and an exhaust. so i bought a 5 speed silhouette. chucked on extractors and exhaust. it hammered too.

then he bought a 2 door hr31. and sold the gx to a mate. so then i bought a 2 door hr31. i still have the 4 door also - recently bought an auto 31 diff, welded it up, and chucked it into the 4 door. the thing hammers round the track (wakefield yueh baby) i love it.

pretty much obsessed with 31s. always have, always will be.

heading over to japan october 2005 to fulfil my dream - being at the japanese annual seventh skyline (r31) national meet. woohoo.

rb engines - can't beat em.

i was way too young to remember bathurst, but i have a small memory of watching TV and seeing a pileup on bathurst when the R32 GT-R crashed into the wall with the sierra there too or something?...it was raining hard, and i loved red cars, and seeing what i didnt know then was the R32 GT-R made me like it for the colour. About 4 years ago i was at my cousins place, in his bedroom i seen a couple of posters and pictures of skylines, and started asking him questions. He told me everything he knew about them and bathurst. After that i was hooked. I still havnt watched the 1992 Bathurst race :( , seeing a few highlights brought back memories of seeing the red car i liked, and it was a skyline.

Steve.

My passion for the GTR started when a close friend of mine bought a midnight purple R33 GTR back in 2000 when they cost about $90k. He then poured about $30k into performance mods and we had a lot of fun in that car.

Nobody knew what the hell it was and everybody with a hotted up 4 or v8 got taught a thing or two.

Then about a year later 100 r33 gts-t's per city block started to emerge and now in 2004 everybody has a GTR.. :(

But I still love them.

well my storys a little different no bathurst race or anything like that

I just loved the look of the car & it was a in my price range at the time I have now had 3 R31s

started out with a Black/silver HR31 turbo coupe then onto a silver Ozzy 31 4 door exe & now a white R31 Ti for a bit of comfie cruzing lol :(

I was started getting into cars about 6 years ago and was obessessed with rex's up until 2001 when they released the bugeyed rex. I was annoyed and disapointed at subaru for making such an ungly car haha, then i found out how quick skylines where heh heh. Halfway through this year though i went to coco69's place and he showed me his 32gtst, he couldn't take it out cos he had been rear ended a couple of weeks before hand, but he warmed it up and then put it up to about 7gran or so, it was pretty exciting hearing the boost and then the BOV,i couldn't keep the grin off my face. He told me to come here and i have been OBSESED ever since (thanks dan :P)

p.s: gran turismo played a small part in the skyline obsession :D